Capture Selection from Screen shortcut for Mac

DorkkVader

Idea

Hello All,

I'm using Evernote to build some technical documentation and need to insert screenshots more quickly into notes I'm working in. I need a keyboard shortcut for the Capture Selection from Screen function that is accessed from the right-click menu within a note.

The web clipper is great but I want to be able to insert screen captures directly into the note I'm working in. I do not want Evernote to create a new note every time I need to use the Web clipper. This forces me to save the web clipped image to Evernote, open the new note it creates, copy the image, paste it into the document I'm working on and then delete the now unnecessary note that was created by the web clipper.

Accessing the right-click menu works just fine and I am able to use the Capture Selection from Screen tool without problem. It's just not as efficient as a keyboard shortcut would be. Is there a Capture Selection from Screen keyboard shortcut for Mac???????

Lerawk

post-225317-0-13897900-1412000631_thumb.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I don't know of a way to use EN to screen clip to the Clipboard using a shortcut key.  

You could request this feature, but I don't know IF/WHEN EN would implement it.

I have used SnagIT for this very purpose for years.  It works really great, but it's not free.  It costs about $30-40.

You might be able to do this using the built-in Mac screenshot tool.

See 7 Ways to Take a Screenshot in Mac OS X - wikiHow

If I understand correctly what you're wanting to do, you can, anytime in any app, hit shift-control-cmd-4 to get the OSX built-in screenshot tool. Then, drag across whatever you want to clip, switch to your EN note and paste it in. (If you want to grab an entire window, press the space bar right after you hit the shortcut above and then click once on the desired window.

If I understand correctly what you're wanting to do, you can, anytime in any app, hit shift-control-cmd-4 to get the OSX built-in screenshot tool. Then, drag across whatever you want to clip, switch to your EN note and paste it in. (If you want to grab an entire window, press the space bar right after you hit the shortcut above and then click once on the desired window.

This is a great work around. Thank you!

Archived