importing notes from InfoSelect

ekflet

Am an EN newbie, new also to forum, and am not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. 

My question relates specifically to importing notes from InfoSelect. Until today, the 'Win+A' key combination simultaneously (1) has opened a new note in EN and (2) pasted the highlighted contents of an IS note into the newly-created EN note. For some reason, the 'Win+A' key combination no longer works.  Re-booting has not helped.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

ekflet

Double-check EN Options > Shortcut Keys to make sure "WIN+A" is still set as a shortcut.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure that  "WIN+A" key combination ever was set as a shortcut. When I go to the shortcut window, all I see is a message: "Drag notes, notebooks, or tags here for quick access."  Please  tell me how I can set "WIN+A" as a shortcut. Thanks, 

ekflet

1. Click on the Tools menu

2. Select Options

3. Click on the Hot keys tab

This is where keyboard shortcuts are set.

I feel pretty stupid; please explain how I can find the Tools menu.  I am a free user and wonder if that is the problem?

• Level 5

2. Select Options

I feel pretty stupid; please explain how I can find the Tools menu.  I am a free user and wonder if that is the problem?

Menus in Windows applications generally appear at the top of the window, just under the title bar. You should see the same menus regardless of whether you’re a free user or a premium user.

2. Select Options

Menus in Windows applications generally appear at the top of the window, just under the title bar. You should see the same menus regardless of whether you’re a free user or a premium user.

Should I be seeing Menus at the top of my EN page? or, if not, where else? I access EN by going to https://evernote.com/  from Google Chrome.  Thanks,

ekflet

I know and appreciate that everyone is trying to be helpful, but my problem remains: I still can’t use the Win+A key combination.

‘JMichael’ said: 

“Double-check EN Options > Shortcut Keys to make sure "WIN+A" is still set as a shortcut.”

Not knowing how to do that, I asked, 

“ Please  tell me how I can set "WIN+A" as a shortcut.”

‘Adjusting’ said:

“1. Click on the Tools menu

2. Select Options

This is where keyboard shortcuts are set.”

Not being able to find any Tools menu, I asked 

“ ... please explain how I can find the Tools menu.  I am a free user and wonder if that is the problem?”

Meanwhile, ‘Jmichael’ said:

“Adjusting nailed it.  Here's the complete reference: https://evernote.com...rticle/23168552

....and ‘Adjusting’ added:

“Menus in Windows applications generally appear at the top of the window, just under the title bar. You should see the same menus regardless of whether you’re a free user or a premium user.”  

Still not being able to find any Tools menu, I asked: 

“Should I be seeing Menus at the top of my EN page? or, if not, where else? I access EN by going to https://evernote.com/  from  Google Chrome.”

I would also like mention, having read the Knowledge Base article #23168552 referenced by JMichael, that none of the so-called ‘Global’ hot keys are working on either of my computers (one on XP, the other, Windows 7) with EN running on both.

Thanks to all who are trying to help me.

ekflet

I know and appreciate that everyone is trying to be helpful, but my problem remains: I still can’t use the Win+A key combination.

‘JMichael’ said: 
“Double-check EN Options > Shortcut Keys to make sure "WIN+A" is still set as a shortcut.”

Not knowing how to do that, I asked, 
“ Please  tell me how I can set "WIN+A" as a shortcut.”

‘Adjusting’ said:
“1. Click on the Tools menu
  2. Select Options
 This is where keyboard shortcuts are set.”

Not being able to find any Tools menu, I asked 
“ ... please explain how I can find the Tools menu.  I am a free user and wonder if that is the problem?”

Meanwhile, ‘Jmichael’ said:
“Adjusting nailed it.  Here's the complete reference: https://evernote.com...rticle/23168552

....and ‘Adjusting’ added:
“Menus in Windows applications generally appear at the top of the window, just under the title bar. You should see the same menus regardless of whether you’re a free user or a premium user.”  

Still not being able to find any Tools menu, I asked: 
“Should I be seeing Menus at the top of my EN page? or, if not, where else? I access EN by going to https://evernote.com/  from  Google Chrome.”

I would also like mention, having read the Knowledge Base article #23168552 referenced by JMichael, that none of the so-called ‘Global’ hot keys are working on either of my computers (one on XP, the other, Windows 7) with EN running on both.

Thanks to all who are trying to help me.

ekflet

All of the above answers are correct....for the Windows client.  You have posted this in the section for the Windows client.  Are you using the Windows client (downloaded & installed onto your desktop)?  Or are you using the web client (accessing your Evernote account via a web browser)?

Burgersnfries -  Wow! You nailed it!  I mentioned in my original post that I was (still am) a newbie to EN and to the forum. I've just accessed EN using the Windows client, and the hot key Win+A combination works fine. Thank you very, very much!!!.

ekflet

Archived