How to search for all scanned business cards.

arozbiz

In Evernote (I'm using the Mac version), is there special syntax for searching for all business cards? Obviously I can search for "intitle:"business card"", but, in case I've edited the title of some business cards to not have "business card" in them, is there search grammar I can use to retrieve all notes that were created with Evernote's business-card scanner?

Thanks for the help!

-Alan

• Level 5*

It may help to narrow your search if you look up Evernote's resource search syntax - that will help you find PDF,  JPG or PNG attachments (amongst other things).  Look for the file type used by the business card feature.

• Ex Employees

Tested this out and was able to find all scanned Business Cards by creating a custom search "from mobile" and "containing an attachment" - though this could come up with extra stuff that isn't just business cards.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks to everyone for the very useful suggestions. Should get me most of the way there. Am surprised, though, that there's not a dedicated note type to search by, since Evernote clearly treats business cards (in terms of formatting) very differently than every other type of card.

• 3 years later...
On 9/23/2014 at 3:47 AM, arozbiz said:

Thanks to everyone for the very useful suggestions. Should get me most of the way there. Am surprised, though, that there's not a dedicated note type to search by, since Evernote clearly treats business cards (in terms of formatting) very differently than every other type of card.

too right

• 1 year later...

Archived