Wrong email when registering - how do you recover password?

Hi

I posted this issue here before but descriibed the problem wrong - apologies :(

I signed up for an evernote free account but unfortunately the email address I entered was wrong. I added a load of notes but logged out of evernote and forgot my password!!

So now I have a username associated with a non-existent email address and now need to recover my password for that username. I can't use the 'Forgot Password' link because it will send the message to an email that doesn't exist.

So, does anyone know how I can get round this problem? Most cloud based systems ask you to verify your email address before you can start using the system. I sent a couple of emails to support last week but haven't received any reply.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mat

Hi

I posted this issue here before but descriibed the problem wrong - apologies :(

I signed up for an evernote free account but unfortunately the email address I entered was wrong. I added a load of notes but logged out of evernote and forgot my password!!

So now I have a username associated with a non-existent email address and now need to recover my password for that username. I can't use the 'Forgot Password' link because it will send the message to an email that doesn't exist.

So, does anyone know how I can get round this problem? Most cloud based systems ask you to verify your email address before you can start using the system. I sent a couple of emails to support last week but haven't received any reply.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mat

Emailing is not a support option. You will need to submit a support ticket. (See my signature).

Hi BurgersNFries

I did submit 2 support tickets and received 2 automated replies saying that I would receive a reply in the order they were submitted but have got nothing back yet -they were submitted last week (Tuesday and Wednesday).

Problem is, there is no way to chat to anyone unless I'm a premium member. I'm thinking of creating another account and upgrading it to premium membership for a month (I think monthly it costs £4) and then using the live chat to request help with my old account.

If anyone from support is reading this - would someone help me if I was a premium member on a different account to retrive my password on my old account? I really need to get those notes from my old account back so am desperate :(

Thanks

Hi BurgersNFries

I did submit 2 support tickets and received 2 automated replies saying that I would receive a reply in the order they were submitted but have got nothing back yet -they were submitted last week (Tuesday and Wednesday).

Problem is, there is no way to chat to anyone unless I'm a premium member. I'm thinking of creating another account and upgrading it to premium membership for a month (I think monthly it costs £4) and then using the live chat to request help with my old account.

If anyone from support is reading this - would someone help me if I was a premium member on a different account to retrive my password on my old account? I really need to get those notes from my old account back so am desperate :(

Thanks

Support for free users seems to be very, very slow these days. So much so that three to four week turnaround times are not unusual. If you were to create a new, premium account & start a chat session, they should be able to help you.

Good luck.

• Ex Employees

Hi BurgersNFries

Thanks

Have you already create a support ticket? If so, what is your ticket #?

• 1 year later...

Archived