REQUEST: Request: Ability to assign tags in share extension

tamaracks

Idea

6 replies to this idea

A web clipper without the possibility to assign tags immediately is quite frankly almost useless. I thought the point of a web clipper was to quickly store information for later retrieval, and to find stuff again tags are completely necessary.

This is my current workflow when I find a web page that I want to store:

1) Bring up web clipper and save the page.

2) Press home button

3) Launch Evernote and - if necessary - clear any searches etc to go back to the notebook in question

4) Wait for it to sync, so that my newly added note appears

5) Open the note

6) Press the info button

7) Add the tags

Not exactly the quick and easy way you'd expect from a mature product like Evernote. Highly disappointing.

• Level 5*

Until/IF Evernote fixes this issue with Safari web clipping, you might want to give the Google Chrome EN Web clipper a try.

It does allow you to assign a Notebook and Tags.  It also has a smart preselector that pre-fills the Notebook and Tags fields (in the Clipper popup) during the web clipping process.  Of course you can change or add Tags.

I have been using it for over a year now, and find it works very well.

This feature is possible on my Nook HD+ and my old iPhone 3S but NOT on my new iPhone 6 Plus! What's more is I can even choose to clip only the URL and not the whole page! Why these features are dropped I can only imagine but it definitely make me look for other products or better ways of doing this without Evernote. Thus really upsets me since I now have to clip s whole page, my data usage increases in Evernote eating up my memory allowance.

Archived