Local notebooks

bobzani

Sorry, but that doesn't help. :(

Quoting from the thread...

You cannot change a local notebook to a sync'd one or vice versa. It specifically says this when creating the notebook. You will need to create your new sync'd notebook & then move all the notes from the local one to the sync'd one.

Moving from sync'd to local is the same process only reversed.

If you mean actually MOVING the notes, drag n drop. Or select, right click move. Standard Windows methods.

• Level 5*

I've put a lot of sensitive notes in Evernote, before I learned about "Local notebooks." How can I shift these notes to a new Local notebook without losing them? Any help is appreciated. R. Z.

First create the new Local NB you want to use.

Then, you can select the Notes you want to move to the new Local NB, and then click on the "Move to Notebook" button that appears in the multi-note dialog that appears where the Note contents is normally shown.

Warning!:   this will BREAK all links (internal & external) to the Notes you move to a Local NB.

If later, you decide to move the Notes back to a Sync'd NB, then they will go against your monthly upload allowance.

I've put a lot of sensitive notes in Evernote, before I learned about "Local notebooks." How can I shift these notes to a new Local notebook without losing them? Any help is appreciated. R. Z.

First create the new Local NB you want to use.

Then, you can select the Notes you want to move to the new Local NB, and then click on the "Move to Notebook" button that appears in the multi-note dialog that appears where the Note contents is normally shown.

Warning!:   this will BREAK all links (internal & external) to the Notes you move to a Local NB.

If later, you decide to move the Notes back to a Sync'd NB, then they will go against your monthly upload allowance.

Many thanks! It works; now can I shift a whole notebook this way or do I need to do them one-at-a-time?

• Level 5*

Many thanks! It works; now can I shift a whole notebook this way or do I need to do them one-at-a-time?

You're welcome!

You can move all Notes in a NB by selecting the Notebook to filter the Note list.

Then, after clicking on one Note in the list, select all Notes using CTRL-A.

Then click on the "Move to Notebook" button.

Warning!:  Make sure you have selected the Notes you want to move.  When you click on "Move to Notebook" the move happens immediately without any confirmation, and without any undo.

• Level 5*

Be aware that if you have a lot of notes in a notebook, it can take a long time to move them. I am talking about thousands here ...

Good point.  If I had thousands of Notes to move, I'd probably start out slow, moving Notes in blocks of 100, to get a handle on the time required and to see if things are going as I expected.  Actually, I'd start out with only ONE Note, and review the two Notebooks involved as well as the Note itself.

Archived