(Archived) Firefox plugin - why can't save whole page like Safari?

garyFL1

Idea

I've seen a response to this, but it was old. Let me ask again, as I'm hoping there is a different answer now. I am migrating everything from Safari to Firefox as my perm browser. However, I have gotten very used to the awesome web clipper in Safari where Shift+Evernote button preserves an entire page in its original format + the URL into Evernote. The Firefox clipper seems to be the old style of clipping. PLEASE tell me there is a way to do this in Firefox today as it works in Safari?? If not, are you guys working on it? Timeline?? Thanks

5 replies to this idea

Safari comes from Apple, which has deep PDF support throughout the entire operating system. This makes it pretty easy for us to get a PDF version of the current note via our plug-in. On Firefox, this isn't as straightforward, so we haven't found as simple a way to achieve this. We'd like to see it (it's my primary browser), but for now you need to use the Print menu to Print to PDF into Evernote (which adds one extra step to navigate the Print->PDF drop-down).

Thanks

So basically the Firefox team and the Google Chrome team need to code better PDF support into the Mac version of their browsers and it would probably make it easier for you guys to implement a similar feature as the Shift+Click to PDF functionality of Safari... unless of course Apple is using undocumented, internal APIs to gain greater access to Macs deep PDF functionality.

It does bug me a little... I have moved from Safari to Chrome as my primary browser... both of them use Webkit, but I feel Chrome just has a faster, sleeker interface and plugin system, but I do miss the Safari Evernote clipper... I can't image how Windows users survive without the PDF print support through the OS... just can't imaging... but having to do Print->PDF->Save PDF to Evernote is not that big of a deal I guess.

• Level 5*
I can't image how Windows users survive without the PDF print support through the OS... just can't imaging... but having to do Print->PDF->Save PDF to Evernote is not that big of a deal I guess.

PDF is fine, but I don't need it all the time. That being said, there are any number of printer drivers that you can use to print to PDF, so it's not a big deal.

~Jeff

Archived