Sign in to follow this  
mdk1

ios New features for iOS 8

Yes, it's more tightly integrated within iOS now, which is important, but I'm excited to see Evernote's future is in terms of functionality.  P-Libin's speeches are exciting and I can't wait to see the tangible execution.  Evernote remembers everything... but I'm wondering if it will eventually also make users smarter.  This would break the boundary of individualism and extend to a collective people ... so, I'd have a notebook within my evernote that EVERY USER would have access to.  Others would know my favorite bands, philosophies, whatever I gave them access to.   This sounds a bit 'Facebook stalking' on the surface, but there's something to it.  Instead of a user trying to check a client's Facebook page & hoping the privacy settings will allow them to, Evernote will already know who you're meeting with and provide you intel from that individual's public notebook.    I've digressed past the point of this post but can't contain my excitement for what's to come.

• Like 1

On topic and cribbing from myself in the other thread--we're seeing some users mentioning that they can't seem to find Evernote in the list of sharing options on their device. Here's the process to make that happen.

To add Evernote to the list of sharing options on your device, first tap the iOS sharing button, then follow these steps:
  1. Tap the iOS sharing button, then tap More to edit your sharing options.
  2. Tap the Evernote switch to add Evernote as a sharing extension. Note: Tapping Cancel closes the share options panel.
  3. Evernote appears in the list of apps your device can share to; Tap and drag Evernote if you'd like to move it to the front of the list.

If you don't see Evernote as one of your sharing options, swipe to scroll through the apps until you see Evernote. You can tap and drag the Evernote app to the left so you don’t need to scroll to the end of the list. If you don’t see Evernote, make sure you’ve already added Evernote as a sharing extension.

• Like 1

I have the inverse problem.  I'd like to share from Evernote to other apps but Evernote is not listing them (even after scrolling).  Has Evernote sharing been updated for iOS 8 sharing in the outgoing direction?

The apps in question (like Hootsuite) show in other apps.

Instant access to the Evernote new text/camera/photos/reminder/list buttons from anywhere on the device is really nice...

2014-09-17%20at%205.32%20PM.png?dl=0

• Like 1