Compatibillity Issue between Win Desktop - Android Tab

When editing hirarchichal Notes (Numbers) on Win 7 Desktop, synch to Android Tab or Mobile and start editing the Numbers get lost, all Numbers go to 1. Even after saving all Numbering lost.

All hirarchichal numbering must be done on Win Desktop again.

Anyone else experiencing? Any solution to solve this incompatibillity?

Desktop 5.6.4.4632 (272632)

Tablet sorry, cannot find version, but is up to date

• Level 5*

Sounds like this is one of Evernote's very basic editor 'features' - the only way around it is not to use that editor.  Where layout is important I use other software and embed the files so I can open and edit as required.  If the content is not displayed inline (which it often isn't) I'll copy and paste it from the embedded file without worrying about format.  The visible keywords help me find the file,  and I can edit it directly from Evernote.

Sorry, EN doesn't work via hierarchal system like you'd use in a Windows program. Yes, as you've you can imitate such a structure. But no, unless using a workaround such as Gazumped offered, or the use of Tags, there really is no other way. EN's main strength is it's search engine, which is how the program is set up to operate.

Also, this is a "users helping other users" forum - not a direct conduit to Evernote - and workarounds are about as good as it gets. ☺

Thank you for the suggestion. Looks more like a workaround than a solution to the issue as such. But appreciated anyway.

Thanks wordsgood. Just to make sure no misunderstanding. EN works actually like a MS Word Pgm. If EN is used on Win 7 as a seperate Pgm. Then you can make these structures. With automated Numberings.

But when editing on Android the structure gets lost. All Levels start with "1." And bringing it back is involving lots of work.

• Level 5*

Yeah - the issue here I think is that formatting that is supported in the Windows client is lost if that note is opened and re-saved in Android's editor.  Different editors have different capabilities in different OS's.

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2016 at 2:53 AM, pavol sumichrast said:

still have no solution to this problem?
Because it's very annoying after modified on Android Devices

It's only been two years. They were busy making a chat service no one asked for and didn't have time to fix basic cross-platform functionality. 

Archived