Default notebooks in Evernote Business

EvanPFM

Idea

I know this has been discussed before, but does it look like Evernote Business will ever have the default notebook feature?  I have several users that only use their Evernote Business accounts.  They don't use the personal side at all.  So it doesn't make sense to them that they can only have a default notebook on the personal side.  They are aware that they can e-mail directly to a business notebook, but having the ability to make a business notebook the default notebook would be very useful.

Is this feature coming?

25 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Ian@FARM said:

If I disconnected my Personal account would that 'force' the Business Account to be the 'main' or only one so hoping new notes would have to save into Business???

No, because it's not possible to have a Business account without a connected Personal account.  If you disconnected your Business account from your Personal account, you'd have to create a new Personal account to attach the Business account to, and obviously that's not what you want and would leave you in a worse situation than you have now.

• Level 5*

All,

A "default business notebook" has been added to the core capability of Evernote and support for it is in the process of being implemented in the clients.  I know it's in the Mac client now, don't think it's in Windows yet, not sure about iOS/Android.

The majority of my notes in Evernote are created by forwarding in emails. Having them arrive in my personal Evernote is simply a pain and creates yet another step for me and lowers my productivity. It's quite frankly a deal killer... 

Why can we be given two Evernote email addresses. One to email to personal default folder and another to email into a chosen Business folder.

That would be perfect.

• Level 5*

@ltwalt Which Evernote client application are you seeing a Business default in?  If you're referring to the iOS or Android clients, those do have a default Business notebook setting.  If it's the Windows or Mac client, there's no formal concept of a default Business notebook; however, you're right that in the Windows client, if your current focus is viewing all Business notes and you click "New Note", it does set that new note's notebook to your first Business notebook.alphabetically.  I guess you could say in effect that's a default.  I don't think it's anything formal or official as a "default Business notebook", but I'd agree it sure acts like it in Evernote Windows.

My company's business account does have a default notebook for some reason and we can't change it. This is causing confusion.

I am an admin on the account and have no idea how this happened. The default notebook is first alphabetically.

I second the feature request too. I use my personal default workbook as a hub for sorting notes. When I need to send notes quickly to evernote, without thinking about tagging or in what notebook it should go to, I just send to the default workbook and then later when I have more time I process that note.

I do this a lot when using Scannable and Web Clipper.

• Level 5*

@Basta I know it's not ideal, but a pretty easy workaround for your emailing case is available: before you hit Send on the email, append @NameOfDesiredDefaultBusinessFolder to the end of the Subject line, where NameOfDesiredDefaultBusinessFolder is the notebook name where you want the note to go.  That will cause the note to go into your desired Business notebook.

Not allowing me to make a business notebook my default notebook is the dumbest f*cking thing I've ever seen.  Why is this not possible?  I'm a small business owner and my personal life is my business life.  I just migrated all of my personal notebooks to business notebooks because it was driving me crazy to search on a general basis and only see personal OR business results.  I wanted to see both but couldn't because of that stupid wall between personal and business. 

Now I have migrated everything over to business and I can't delete the personal note account or nominate a business notebook to be my default notebook.  So now when I email files into Evernote they are literally the only files in my personal account.  WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE MY DEFAULT FOLDER A BUSINESS FOLDER?  WHY CAN I NOT DELETE MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT.  HOW MANY PEOPLE EMAIL SH*T TO THEMSELVES AT WORK AND END UP GETTING THE EMAILS IN THEIR PERSONAL NOTEBOOKS?  WHY DOES EVERNOTE CONTROL THIS AND NOT THE USERS? PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE.   

On 8/12/2016 at 1:27 PM, simoncurrey said:

The simple solution is to downgrade to the lower subscription level where everything is better integrated and you don't have everything in two places. It feels like Evernote have shot themselves in the foot and don't listen, its big turn off.

Having both accounts separately in the Windows version is absolutely the best change that Evernote made.

It is so easy to switch between Business or Personal accounts. With 25,000+ Notes it is necessary to have a simple demarcation and thank goodness we have it.

Regards

Chris

The simple solution is to downgrade to the lower subscription level where everything is better integrated and you don't have everything in two places. It feels like Evernote have shot themselves in the foot and don't listen, its big turn off.

I start the majority of my notes as a photo using the Android Widget button.  i can't find a way to choose a Business notebook to save them in then spend hours moving them across.  Also the Android app Saved Searches only apply to Personal Notebooks.

If I disconnected my Personal account would that 'force' the Business Account to be the 'main' or only one so hoping new notes would have to save into Business??? And hoping the Android app would then be useable again??

Any help is appreciated, I love my EN but really frustrated i can't use it properly.  Thanks, Ian

• Level 5*
On 7/16/2016 at 7:16 PM, Ian@FARM said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to disconnect my Personal account and just use them seperately till the mess is sorted?

How would this help you in terms of the UI issue being discussed?

Please Evernote developers, do whatever is necessary to remove the confusion w Personal vs Business Notebooks.

Why can't we nominate our primary account (Pers or bus) as a temp solution maybe.  

Can someone advise the last version number before EN went down this track of splitting accounts and where to find it - I would rather go back 6mths and wait till this mess is sorted...

Does anyone know if it is possible to disconnect my Personal account and just use them seperately till the mess is sorted?

Please developers, I love love love my EN but getting so frustrated.

Hi, all

I need to second this request. This is a very important feature for our users. Our users (mostly on Windows desktop) want to quickly create new notes without having to think about which notebook they're going into.

Recently, I realized that our business documents will be resident in her "Personal Notes" and cannot be made into "Business Notes".

Thanks !

• Level 5*

I'm not sure when this was added, but the iOS client now has a "default business notebook" feature - you can define a default business notebook as well as a default personal notebook, and you can define into which of these defaults new Quick Notes will get filed into.

This is not available in the Windows or Mac clients as of this writing, and I can't check Android at the moment to see if it's there.

But given the way Evernote rolls out new features independently client by client, it looks like this is a new feature that made it to iOS first, and I'd bet we'll be seeing it in other clients soon as well.

This is a problem for me, too.  My employee is scanning years worth of business files into our business notebook via her personal notebook. Recently, I realized that our business documents will be resident in her "Personal Notes" and cannot be made into "Business Notes". I cannot change her default notebook nor the "ownership" of these files. This is a SERIOUS flaw for business users who are scanning proprietary information.

Hi

I need to second this request. This is a very important feature for our users. Our users (mostly on Windows desktop) want to quickly create new notes without having to think about which notebook they're going into.  If they have to choose the business notebook every time they add a note they will grow frustrated very quickly. 

Please, please add the ability to set a business notebook as your default notebook as soon as you can.

Thank you.

Archived