chinarut

Note Links lost moving notes between personal & business notebooks

Hi!  I first noticed note links are not preserved when importing/exporting notes.   now that I've upgraded to Evernote Business, I'm noticing the same behavior and it's a bit of a bummer given I would imagine Evernote's goal is to make the transition from Free and Premium users to Business a smooth path.

I have over 10k notes and thought it would be nice to move all my business related notes to business notebooks and let the discovery mechanism do its magic especially as I add new colleagues - Evernote Business does an amazing job with information hiding as you don't need to join every notebook.

While it's not a complete showstopper for me, what I am now starting to notice is how hesitant I am to move notes to my business notebooks in fear I will break any notes previously linked to the note I am moving.   even simply moving a note to business and then changing your mind 5 seconds later results in possible loss of meta-data.   point being: loss of freedom upgrading to Business - not good, literally, for business!

I would love to see more support for Premium users to partition their data to Evernote Business to help grow their business.  This is what I'll be doing for the next year!

Yeah note-linking isn't exactly a rock-solid connection especially if notes are moved from one notebook to another.  It's been suggested by various people that if you do link notes together you should also include an easily-searchable reference - a random character code - so the note can be found independently if the link is broken.

I'm having the same problem right now.  I rely heavily on my links and spent a lot of time organizing notes using links.  I want to convert a notebook to business but just can't until I know the links will work. 

I was working with a tech support today who is trying to help create a work around. Will keep all updated. 

• Like 1

I had just happened to me today, years of content and links between them now point to the Trash. 

This is not acceptable.

Yeah. Huge flaw for conversion from personal to business... It was never resolved. I just have some notes with old links. Alhtough the note is there, the links don't work. 

@José R & @AronsLaw - I did say a couple of years ago:

note-linking isn't exactly a rock-solid connection especially if notes are moved from one notebook to another

- and it looks like that still applies.  If you're business subscribers you'll have access to contact support for assistance - not sure whether they will be able to help,  but it's worth asking... if you do find a fix,  please post it here for general information.

Meantime and as no help at all in this situation I can only bang the drum of personal and local backups for valuable information...:(

@gazumped Access to Contact Support is no longer available, so we are not in the best shape. What is going on in Redwood City?

Still, is ridiculous that this problem exists, even more so that it still exists after years of being identified? Does Evernote really has this little amount of Business accounts? Or is it that they just don´t care?

Access to contact support should be available for specific issues - more so if you're a Business user.  Do you have an open support ticket?  What's the number?