No GPS data saved with Evernote camera? (Android)

Using a Nexus 7 tablet, I noticed no GPS data is saved with pictures taken within the Evernote app. I am not using Skitch to modify these photos. No problems with photos taken outside the app (standard android camera), that are placed in the DCIM folder. I have had a few problems with the Evernote camera, and it's time to stop using it. You just never know what your going to get (compression), or what changes will come in the next "upgrade" (not acceptable for using at work). I was curious if this is a Nexus 7/Android issue, or if others noticed the same? I really wish Evernote stored a copy of my photo directly to the DCIM folder without modifications (or the option). Thanks for helping me isolate this problem, thanks.

• Level 5*

I don't actually know what Evernote does with photos added to notes using the camera - if there are no copies in the camera roll now it was because there were complaints here about the 'unnecessary' extra pictures and requests for Evernote to stop adding them.  The one easy way to avoid problems is to use the device camera directly,  and add pictures from the camera roll into Evernote.  You can also choose the option in Evernote Settings to use the device camera and not the document camera.

Archived