Internal Error message- can anyone help?

Hi everyone, 

Every time I try to open evernote, it says there is an internal server error- can anyone help as to how I can fix it please? I have reinstalled/restarted/logged out etc and nothing. It just keeps crashing. I am using premium - Any help appreciated, 

Thanks in advance!

My guess is that this is on the Mac client. For this error, the first prescribed step is to make sure you're on the latest posted release for the app. Select "check for updates" on your client to make sure you're on the latest. If you've opted into betas, that should land you on the latest beta.

--and-Menubar.png

Hey Gazumped & Gbarry

thanks very much for this- yes I am running on MAC and I have updated the programme via itunes. As I cannot access the evernote menu before it crashes ( as soon as it loads it crashes after 10 seconds) it is hard to check for updates within the application. I have restarted everything etc. . I will look at Grmpy Monkey- any other tips welcome as t has been all day like this now! thanks everyone for your responses! 

Thanks

If it's crashing immediately at start up we'll want to get a log from the device. Found your ticket and just sent instructions on how to get a log.

For anyone else who runs into this on Mac, instructions to pull a log are here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23394137 sending in a log with your initial support ticket can help speed up the process of support.

Alternatively, you can also try to install the direct download version (rather than the app store version) which you are currently running. That download can be found here: https://evernote.com/evernote/

(also moved to the Mac area of our Evernote app forum)

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

The evernote on Mac keeps crashing. This is extremely troublesome as all my information is on evernote. Its my primary note taking app. When I open evernote on my MacAir, it says " Performing Required Indexing", I click "Got it", then it says " Internal Error -An internal database error has occurred that prevents Evernote from functioning properly. If the problem persists, please contact Evernote Support. " It crashes when I click ok. I tried performing the steps listed for an internal database error but it didnt help. Instead it has filled my files folder with a gazillion snippets from evernote which is also aggravating.

However, the evernote web is working. 

Please help with this asap. This is really problematic.

Thanks

(I also looked at the instructions for pulling an activity log. " It says, menu - go to help- activity log, there is no activity log in the help menu.)

• Level 5*

Hi.  What version of Evernote do you have on your MBA?  It may help to uninstall and reinstall the app - and if you continue to have issuesI'd suggest you contact support directly if you're a paying subscriber at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

This isn't expected behaviour but we're a (mainly) user-supported forum without access to account details.

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-21 at 9:39 PM, evernotestupid said:

The evernote on Mac keeps crashing. This is extremely troublesome as all my information is on evernote.
....(I also looked at the instructions for pulling an activity log. " It says, menu - go to help- activity log, there is no activity log in the help menu.)

What do you see under the Help Menu.  I have this58b1b0715432e_ScreenShot2017-02-25at8_24_48AM.png.6d89aaaad2db60b394adc8cede93b2a8.png

Are you able to raise a support ticket (paid account)

Conventional self-help solution is

1. to delete the application and databare
  2. Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

I use the app AppCleaner to do the delete

Archived