Search not working in body of note on iphone

I can't find notes on my iphone when I search for keywords in the body of the note. The search is successful on the desktop, and I have verified that the notes exist. The body of the note was created in Evernote; it is not a Word or PDF attachment. I deleted, restarted, and re-installed the EN app on my phone. Is there something I can do to fix this. I am a Premium user if that matters.

Thank you!

• Level 5*

First, be sure you can see the note on the iPhone.  If it is there, be sure the search text is in it.  Then if you do a search it should return the note(s).  I would use the search icon on the home page.  If that fails I would submit a support ticket.  Doesn't help much, but search works fine for me on the iPhone, whether the note is in an offline notebook or not.  FWIW.

• 11 months later...

Were you able to find a fix for this?  I am experiencing the same issue.  On my PC or Mac I can search and it will search the body or title correctly.  On my iphone (IOS 8.4.1), Evernote (7.7.10.316568) it only searches the title of notes.

• Level 5

Hi,

When you search within the Evernote for iOS app, as you type in the search field the app matches against note titles. Tap the "Search" button on the keyboard and the app will search against all searchable content in the account (titles, bodies, attachments, etc.).

To create more advanced searches, please reference the Evernote Search Grammar page.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

• 2 years later...

Hey, thanks for the suggestions but I have this problem too.

A note on my desktop app returns search results in the handwriting, but on the phone it doesn't.  Same note, same words.  Even after hitting the "search" button on the keyboard!

I know the note just synced, so it's not that.  It was created on the phone, in fact, and the desktop app synced, found the note, and it's searchable there.

All Notes 2017-12-23 15-34-56.jpgIMG_1021.PNG

Archived