Web clipping to offline notebook

sandiegoboy

Web clipping to local (not offline) notebook

(**I realize i was using an incorrect term but dont know how to change the forum post title**)

I would like to accomplish this. Does anybody know whether this is possible?

I have used all my allowance since i was doing a lot of clipping (and capturing full page as opposed to article). I would like to keep web clipping to a local notebook. On the renewal of my quota I would move the local notebook notes to an online notebook

I have evernote desktop client and evernote clipper for chrome installed

• Level 5*

Clipping to a local notebook is supported in Firefox Clipper (with preference set to clip to native client) and in IE Clipper. 

We are not planning to extend this to Chrome, Safari or Opera browsers. 

Interesting. Does that mean that you're accessing the local Evernote instance rather than going though the service in these cases? I didn't know that the service knew anything about local notebooks...

Clipping to a local notebook is supported in Firefox Clipper (with preference set to clip to native client) and in IE Clipper. 

We are not planning to extend this to Chrome, Safari or Opera browsers. 

Interesting. Does that mean that you're accessing the local Evernote instance rather than going though the service in these cases? I didn't know that the service knew anything about local notebooks...

IIRC, some clippers had the option to clip directly to the local database.  And yes, supposedly, the EN cloud is not supposed to know about any local/non-sync'd notebooks.

• Level 5*

The difference is in how lenient each browser is in allowing browser extensions access to local resources. IE and Firefox are seemingly fairly lenient, while the other browsers heavily, heavily restrict browser extensions' access to local files and storage.

That was along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm not unhappy with sandboxing, myself.

The Windows screen clipper for sure, but I didn't realize that the web clippers could / did...

Firefox Evernote Clipper -> Preferences provides for clipping to the desktop client or to the web.

When clipping to the web you must select a synchronized, ie. web resident, notebook.

When clipping to the desktop Windows Client -> Tools -> Clipping Preferences controls which notebook clips go to. "Specify clip destination" allows you to select a local unsynchronized notebook.

I am currently GMT-4 (EDT).

Archived