Annotating A note while using presenter mode

Hello

I did a session on Evernote for colleagues this morning and as I was demonstrating the presenter mode, I was asked if you could annotate a note whilst presenting. The idea being if you wanted to add a  comment or highlight on the fly during project meetings etc.

I wasn't sure if you could , nothing I tried worked so I'm assuming it doesn't. 

If you how to, assuming it does I would love to know.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Sue

• Level 5*

Hello

I did a session on Evernote for colleagues this morning and as I was demonstrating the presenter mode, I was asked if you could annotate a note whilst presenting. The idea being if you wanted to add a  comment or highlight on the fly during project meetings etc.

I wasn't sure if you could , nothing I tried worked so I'm assuming it doesn't. 

If you how to, assuming it does I would love to know.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Sue

The blog post video shows this being possible, unfortunately only on the Mac, not Windows.  When I asked support about this I was told it was a Windows limitation so I'm not sure if we'll ever see this ability added to the Windows client.

• Level 5*

Now this is a feature I hadn't thought of before (s'why I lurk around here a lot...) but [developers please note!] it would be a killer option for presentation mode.  Otherwise,  say I'm in a meeting presentationing away...  various points are being raised by the audience that I want to capture...  what do I do:  get out the notepad and pencil and handwrite the context?  I could use another device to take notes,  but that means carrying two around.  And the paper pad is lighter!

Edit:  PS - Windows person here...

• 1 year later...

Enhancement Suggestion:

I have found several related posts out there with no solution, and I'm new to the forum with little time to "hunt around," so I'll put this comment here.  My apologies in advance if I'm breaking some sort of protocol.   The ability to both view and edit a note in real time (whether viewing presenter mode on a second monitor or primary doesn't matter) is a critical business need for me.  I take notes in EN, and then when capturing feedback or commentary during presentation time, I have to either capture them in another place or first transfer them to powerpoint for the presentation and use EN as the capture.  Either way, it is highly inefficient.  I love the look and ease of presenter mode, but I need 2 things: 

1. annotation capability in presenter mode on Windows (should be possible with Win10???) and;
  2. real-time edit IN presenter mode (edit right on the presentation view)

I may post this in other related threads as well. That's probably frowned upon, but I don't mind.  I love EN; this feature would make it better.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Thanks for the use case,  and I agree totally;  please don't plaster the same argument everywhere you can though - someone is going to delete your posts as duplications and you're breaking the forum rules. 

It's best not to annoy the folks you may want to help you sometime...  ;)

Archived