Notebook hierarchies

How do I make a nested hierarchy of notebooks?  Say I have the following notebooks: red, yellow and blue.  I want red to be listed inside yellow -- like a note -- and yellow inside blue.

Is this possible?  What search terms do I use to retrieve the appropriate help files??

How do I make a nested hierarchy of notebooks?  Say I have the following notebooks: red, yellow and blue.  I want red to be listed inside yellow -- like a note -- and yellow inside blue.

Is this possible?  What search terms do I use to retrieve the appropriate help files??

Evernote does not have nested notebooks.  They do have stacks, which do not contain notes but group notebooks.  Instead, Evernote uses tags.  There is plenty of discussion on using tags instead of nested/sub notebooks on the board already.  Please use the search function on sub or nested notebooks or folders, for more information.

You can nest tags though.

• Level 5*

Here's the canon today's version):

• Notes are organized into notebooks. Notebooks contain only notes (and not stacks or other notebooks). A note belongs to exactly one notebook. 
  • Notebooks can be organized into stacks. A stack contains only notebooks (and not other stacks or notes). A notebook belongs to either one or zero stacks.
  • Tags are text labels that you can stick on notes. A note can contain multiple tags, and a tag can apply to multiple notes. Tags can be organized into trees, but that tree hierarchy has no bearing on searches/note filters that use tags.

Archived