Lost notes!

Ive recently turned on my phone thats been out of service for a couple months. When I did this, notes that have been saved for over half a year had been deleted, but previous words remained. I know ive synced them before and never accidentally deleted them. I dont have a premium account. If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated, these notes meant alot to me.

When you log into Evernote at http://www.evernote.com do you see your notes in full? If so, this may just be a quirk on the iPhone. I suggest logging out of Evernote on the iPhone and logging back in.

If they do not appear properly on the web, then unless you have Evernote installed on your computer and have a local backup of your Evernote database, you might be out of luck, I'm sorry to say.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have acidentally deleted a note - read up on that and looked for trash folder

i could not find "trash" folder on ipad so i logged in on my laptop and found a trash folder.

but the trash folder was empty so where has the note got to ?

There absolutely is a trash notebook on iPad. I'm looking at it this very moment.

In the Evernote home screen, tap "notebooks" (enable that from Evernote settings>customize homescreen>notebooks if it isn't already enabled)

In the list of notebooks, the very last notebook should be called "Trash" (you may need to scroll depending on how many notebooks you have).

Tap "Trash" to see its contents.

If the note isn't in there, then I dont think it is recoverable (and I'm not sure why it would skip the trash... But stranger things have happened!).

hi there,

thanks for replying.

i do not have a trash notebook on ipad - i am looking at it now

could it be because i have a free acct not "premium" ?

In the Evernote home screen, tap "notebooks" (enable that from Evernote settings>customize homescreen>notebooks if it isn't already enabled) 

- i went here and i says option to show notes and notebooks - both are on

In the list of notebooks, the very last notebook should be called "Trash" (you may need to scroll depending on how many notebooks you have).

- i only have 2 notebooks so it would be clear and it is not there /

what more can i do ?

i have sent a help request to customer services as I do not have a copy of the info i lost - but no response yet.

No, this should have nothing to do with free/premium. 

I am not sure why you do not see a trash notebook. The only suggestion I have is to log into the web interface at www.evernote.com and see if it appears in the trash notebook through the web interface. 

If it isn't there, then I think the note is a lost cause. 

It is unlikely you will get a meaningful response from Customer Support since you are a free user. While free users can submit support tickets, free users don't normally get personal replies except for billing issues. 

Archived