Feature Request: Show If Page Was Previously Clipped

britishmutt

Idea

After many years of using Evernote as my daily note taker, I recently discovered the joys of using it as a super advanced web bookmarker (I know, I'm slow on this  :rolleyes:).

But, for me there's one crucial feature missing from the Web Clipper which would allow me to completely replace Chrome's built-in bookmarker: the ability for the clipper icon to show, at a glance, whether I've previously clipped a page.

In Chrome, the bookmark star is filled yellow to show that I've previously bookmarked the current page. It's a big deal because it stops me having to think about it: I know I already have it stashed away somewhere, so I don't need to do it again. But with the Web Clipper, there's no easy way to tell, which means I have to think about it for agonizing seconds, or clip it anyway and then have to go check for duplicates after it syncs. 

Just a highlight or something on the web clipper icon would be good enough for me.

But, if you wanted to take it a step further: if I then click on the clipper icon, it could show me a preview of my previously clipped page, including any additional notes or highlights or skitching I've done. This would help me remember why I clipped the page in the first place.

What do you think?

britishmutt

3 replies to this idea

Archived