Weird default "title" when creating a new note

Hello people,

I am new to Evernote, and have recently started exploring the app on my android device. I am not too sure wha the reason is, but whenever i try to create a new note, the default "title" in the title bar sounds quite strange. It reads as follows: "Note from Osama Navaid Birthday @ Karachi, Sindh".

Now I can change that, but what I don't get is who is Osama Navaid and why is he always in my default note title?! My name is Shoaib Alvi, the phone I am using this app on is registered in my name, heck this app is registered in my name too.

I thought it could be due to some weird syncing problem with facebook, so I searched Osama Navaid on facebook and there were multiple results but none of them is even in my friend list.

I dont get this, am I missing something here? I am using a premium account. I am also attaching a snapshot with the default title to help you guys better understand what the prob is..please help! 

Regards,

Shoaib Alvi

post-220340-0-59303600-1409862264_thumb.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, donramm said:

There is no "Settings" in menu bar in Evernote for Windows 5.9.6.9494. So where is control for this option hidden these days.

Hello donramm,

Thanks for posting. Are the notes that are getting this originally created in the Evernote application for Android?

• 9 months later...

I hope it's OK to revive this old thread.

I've just installed Evernote for Android and I'm seeing the exact same thing. The city name in the title is correct but the person's name isn't. I don't even know how Evernote would guess the person's name because his adress isn't in my contacts.

Any suggestions? Souldn't this be reported as a bug?

10 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Fine to revive it, but did you read through it carefully? The auto-title feature can be turned off in Settings > Notes > Auto-title new notes (similar to what is suggested here, but with the current app's menu). The information may be getting pulled in from your calendar (as suggested here).

I read the whole thread. I just found it really creepy at first.

I've since found out why this person was put into the note title. The day before yesterday was his birthday and that's what's in my calendar. But of course I'm not only thinking about his birthday all the time so the auto naming is mostly off. Now I'm not crept out by it anymore but have turned it off anyway. :)

• Level 5

Glad you got it sorted out. I have to admit that though I leave auto-title turned on, I seldom use it. I can just start typing in the title field and the auto-title goes away; but sometimes I forget, and end up with something like "Note from World Series Game 1."

Archived