MrMLK

android Is there any way to hide the green "New Note" button on the Android client.

I don't create notes on my device, so all this button is used for is getting in the way and being accidentally hit at times.

Is there some way to hide it?

There's no way that I can see to remove that icon - you might prefer to use the large Evernote widget which shows selected notes (various options) to scroll through your data and then just open a note from there - although you'll then have the icon available.  Might be a future option for the developers to look at - 'hide + icon'...

Thanks for the info.

I really hope they fix it. As a developer myself, it really bugs me when other developers ignore perfectly obvious use-cases in their rush to implement a "cool" new feature.

Is there someplace where I can submit a change request?

You already have by posting here - you can add some more direct feedback by raising a support/ feedback request (see below)

Its been two months and a couple of releases.  Is there any chance that this is going to get done?

Evernote tend not to comment (usually) on what might or might not be in the pipeline and when or if it might be delivered.

I think it's going to be staying -- that's an Android UI thingy that's started popping up more and more, probably as part of the Android 5 design guidelines (though I don't know that for sure). It's in the new GMail Inbox, for example.