Can't Reach the Evernote Servers

Ryan Castillo

Idea

I took several years off using Evernote and have recently tried the app/service again. Well that's not completely true since I have also been using Skitch. The issue I'm having is both the web app and the mac app are extremely slow, network wise. The mac app has only been able to download/sync all the notes 20% and I haven't been able to see the web app in a week.

I can ping evernote.com just fine and a traceroute eventually reaches the server so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here. I want to say the last time I used the web clipping aspect of the service was like 3 years ago so is that part of the problem? If so does anyone have suggestions on how to get everything working again?

Thanks!

8 replies to this idea

Am not sure why you can't connect to that page, but you should know that Evernote no longer provides tech support for free users.

Looking back at my emails and it looks like the last time I tried Evernote was in '09. I can post my activity log if that helps.

Thanks for the tip! So I tried to upgrade the account to premium in the app since I can't access the web interface and behold:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s17/sh/6e40507d-51c5-490b-a005-068a26514b65/f1a649b64457e038b8c8ee27a77f8c82

On top of that it took forever for Skitch to sync up just to get that screenshot. Pretty sure the app is trolling me at this point :P

Am not sure why you can't connect to that page, but you should know that Evernote no longer provides tech support for free users.

Looking back at my emails and it looks like the last time I tried Evernote was in '09. I can post my activity log if that helps.

Archived