Problem with attachments getting in the way

AMZ

Hello All,

I use Evernote for Windows 7 and I store a chronology of text but also add PDF reports as attachments.

The problem is it loads up and shows the text of the PDFs in the note and this gets in the way, as when you wish to add text at the top of the note, the PDF image is displayed and in the way.

For example, see attached screenshot.

Is there any way to change this, so it does not load/preview the PDF attachments?

But they are just there to be clicked on if I need them to download or open etc?

Thanks for the help!

post-219621-0-29571700-1409563526_thumb.

• Level 5*

You can right click on the PDF and select View as Attachment.  This will put an icon in the PDF's place.  Click on the icon and select View as attachment to toggle back.

If you want this to be the global default for all notes:

Tools --> Options --> Note

then select "Always show PDF documents as attachments"

With the caveat being that I don't believe this applies retroactively, only to any new attachments (though this may be client-specific behaviour....).

Many thanks guys, much appreciated!

And it has worked retrospectively on my Windows 7 client.

Am i right in thinking the point on the note at which the icon appears corresponds to the point at which it was "attached" in a time line sense relative to text above/below it?

The attachments are inserted in line with text, like as if they were a small image, or a very big letter. They get shuffled around like any other object. You can insert them into the note in any order you like, and can change that order (clumsily) at any time.

• Level 5*

I don't find moving an attachment around to be clumsy, at least in the minimized state (and in the Windows client). Just move to the right of the attachment image, press Shift+Left, then Ctrl+V. Paste it where you want it to go.

I don't find moving an attachment around to be clumsy, at least in the minimized state (and in the Windows client). Just move to the right of the attachment image, press Shift+Left, then Ctrl+V. Paste it where you want it to go.

I suppose I am being a bit of a wimp... indeed it isn't that clumsy. In reality it is like moving around text, which isn't too bad. But it isn't elegant. 

Archived