Looking for a better way to organize my notes for writing an illustrated lifestory

Bernd

Idea

Hello,

I am in the proces collecting info to write a book about my life in approximately 35 self contained chapters.

At the moment, I am using sticky notes, transfer text to a Word Doc and hope to find it after.

Any suggestions welcome! I would like to use Evernote.

Thank you!

Bernd

5 replies to this idea

It can be done with Evernote, but I think you'd be better off using a specific writing app like Scrivener. There a number of other free and paid writing programs on the market now and a quick Google search should bring up several hits.

Due to it's search and cross platform abilities, Evernote would be a great place to store your research. But as a full fledged writing program, not so much.

Good luck.

Hello,

I am in the proces collecting info to write a book about my life in approximately 35 self contained chapters.

At the moment, I am using sticky notes, transfer text to a Word Doc and hope to find it after.

Any suggestions welcome! I would like to use Evernote.

Thank you!

Bernd

I have to agree with wordsgood here. Evernote can definitely play a significant role in organizing your material, but ultimately I think an application like Scrivener will serve you better in the actual preparation of a manuscript. 

Evernote would be fantastic to store your research, as Wordsgood mentioned, but also for jotting notes or creating basic outlines or brainstorms that, once a bit more polished you might recreate in Scrivener, which has some writing organization capacity. Evernote is like, the scribble pad, scrivener is where you make sense of those scribbles. 

Archived