notes dont decrypt on Android but they do on iOS and Windows

I used to be able to see encrypted parts of notes on my Android phone. I still CAN see the data with my IPad and Windows client (so I know the password is still the same ).

Im guessing decrypting notes on Android is no longer supported ?

Or is it nit supported on Android where the whole device has been encrypted via Android security?

Its annoying because Android on Evernote keeps reporting an error message telling me Ive got the wrong password - when its clear that I have entered the right password.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

On my Galaxy S3 I can still see the dotted line icon that means 'encrypted content' and get a password prompt when trying to go further.  The password isn't sent to the server,  it's set by the user when the characters are encrypted.  I'd suggest reinstalling the app after making sure everything is synced,  and if you still have problems after that,  let's see some screenshots of the error messages.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem on a Nexus 5.  I have two notes, both encrypted with the same passphrase, one of them decrypts the other doesn't....works fine on IOS, Windows and the Web, but not on Android.  Do I have to do anything different on Android?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Should be the same on Android.  But when you say "doesn't work" - what: you don't see the prompt / you're not asked for a password / the passwords's not accepted / nothing happens / you get an error message... ??

I get the message, "Failed to decrypt content"  The message is display for about 3 seconds, then it fades away.  The prompt to "Enter a passphrase to view content" is displayed along with my hint and "Your passphrase will not be transmitted to the server."  I can repeat this forever, same behavior.  Move to ios, windows or the web and i can decrypt the content.  

Hope this helps diagnose the problem.  Hoping for a speedy resolution because I just moved from an iphone to a nexus 5, still carrying both for now, but need to drop the iphone soon.  thanks.

• Level 5*

I get the message, "Failed to decrypt content"  The message is display for about 3 seconds, then it fades away.  The prompt to "Enter a passphrase to view content" is displayed along with my hint and "Your passphrase will not be transmitted to the server."  I can repeat this forever, same behavior.  Move to ios, windows or the web and i can decrypt the content.  

Hope this helps diagnose the problem.  Hoping for a speedy resolution because I just moved from an iphone to a nexus 5, still carrying both for now, but need to drop the iphone soon.  thanks.

This is a user forum,  so resolutions aren't guaranteed - you may want to submit a support request (see below) to see whether you can get some help there.  If you're a premium user you can also use Chat.

I don't see anything like your experience - have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone?  (If you have any unsynced notes,  try emailing them to your Evernote email address).

Archived