Help! Return Key not working on Evernote!

VirgilV

Idea

Hello all,

Just yesterday evernote used to create a new check box everytime I hit the return key. That is no longer the case. In fact, when I hit the return key it deletes my entry which is unacceptable. I don't know what happened but I feel that this is a bug that needs to be fixed. 

I was also about to indent a check box using the tab key. This no longer functions as well. 

I'm using a Macbook pro and I have yet to see if this is an issue with my iMac. 

Please help me with this issue. I use Evernote each and everyday and its an invaluable tool. However, this issue makes Evernote absolutely useless. I don't know if its a bug but Evernote cannot function correctly if this is not rectified ASAP.

Thank you,

Virgil

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This isn't normal behaviour.

Standard behaviour is that ctrl+alt+t creates a checkbox and then return creates another one.

If you are stuck and return is deleting content then something has gone wrong on your installation. 

You should reinstall, but make sure you have a good backup of your data first (lots of info in this forum).

Check make sure you have the right keyboard layout set in OS X, maybe it somehow got set to a different one, System Prefs | Keyboard | Input Sources  

Also check the shortcuts to see if the checkbox was somehow reassinged to another key System Prefs | Keyboard | Shortcuts | (possibly App Shortcuts)

Archived