Attn: EVERNOTE STAFF

EDIT: All the likes this post is getting are great, but maybe a few comments might add some more weight to this in the eyes of Evernote....

Hi folks,

I can see that considerable changes have recently been made to the EN Knowledge Base, which are a great start, so thank you!

There are a couple points that I hope you'll seriously consider going forward from this point:

➡ Based on a number of Forum Posts from both new and long-time Power Users, the KB is still often out-dated and not that easy to navigate from a User point of view. Are you planning, or in the process of, a major KB rewrite AND reorganization? And if so, will you scour the forum for thoughts and suggestions to consider to incorporate into such a rewrite?

➡ One issue I've seen come up repeatedly since the the Link and Note Link changes came into effect earlier this year, is the confusion that still surrounds the changes - as is evidenced from several very recent posts.

It would, in my opinion, *greatly* assist ALL users - Free, Premium and Business ones - if you could create one Main Article about:

▶ The differences between regular Links "http://..." and internal Note Links "evernote://..."

▶ And create *detailed* separate KB Articles - with *clickable links* - to sub-articles about exactly *how* to:

➡ Create Note Links in *each, individual

client,* and...

➡ How to then Create a Table of Contents

(TOC) using said Notelinks in *each,

individual client* - complete with

screenshots and a good measure of details.

If other forum users agree with me, please do chime in with your support!

The KB...

If I am honest, I have never been a fan of it. At best it has half the information you need. The API docs have always been my go to for info.

This was partly a reason for my shared notebook(s), I found I could expand on some topics, or they simply didn't exist. I had a vague hope that the information would at least be thought about when someone wanted to go through it all..

This reminds me, there was a section of the forum dedicated to the KB a while ago, which didn't really help...

But an example of this, is a note (with a corresponding thread) that I had long ago about search operators. No idea how relevant the information is, but I am betting not too much has changed. A quick look shows this to be a relatively accurate representation still.

http://www.evernote.com/l/ABqE16k9ocRFQ7zaxi_zAKpf2gkSp-64n5I/

Hopefully the KB will get a more thorough update at some point.

• Level 5*

In addition to the KB I think something as simple as an FAQ for each forum could be very useful to new users and may reduce some of the repeat questions on the forum.  Favorites such as tags vs notebooks, how to backup, EN doesn't report on roadmaps, note linking differences, etc ... could be put into an FAQ for the specific forum.  I'm sure the group of experienced moderators could easily and collectively come up with the 10 or 20 questions that tend to create the majority of problems for new users.  Pinning the FAQ to the top of the forum with a "New Users Please Start Here" comment might be helpful.  At a minimum, moderators could point users to an FAQ instead of telling them to go search the boards or cutting an pasting (over and over) the same answers.

Great idea. ☺

In addition to the KB I think something as simple as an FAQ for each forum could be very useful to new users and may reduce some of the repeat questions on the forum. Favorites such as tags vs notebooks, how to backup, EN doesn't report on roadmaps, note linking differences, etc ... could be put into an FAQ for the specific forum. I'm sure the group of experienced moderators could easily and collectively come up with the 10 or 20 questions that tend to create the majority of problems for new users. Pinning the FAQ to the top of the forum with a "New Users Please Start Here" comment might be helpful. At a minimum, moderators could point users to an FAQ instead of telling them to go search the boards or cutting an pasting (over and over) the same answers.

Archived