REQUEST: Reminder Improvement

PastorMatt

Idea

I'm hoping this note reaches those who work in developing Evernote's capabilities.  I wasn't sure who to send this suggestion to.  I would like to offer 2 thoughts on improving Evernote from an every day user.

1. Add the ability to set repeating events to the reminder capability in Evernote.  Unless I have not discovered how to do it, I cannot make a reminder repeat annually, weekly, etc.  This would allow users to be reminded of notes that they may need to reference once a year, etc. without having to be reminded outside of Evernote to do so.  I think this would be an easy fix.

2. Also, I am currently using Evernote to keep my To-Do Lists in order to be more productive.  However, this is an area that Evernote could greatly improve upon.  Many of the other To Do apps out there far surpass Evernote's capability.  While I do not expect Evernote, at this point, to compete with those apps solely focused on To Do Lists, I think that adding the ability for checked boxes to be erased once completed and have them automatically reset on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, even if checked the previous cycle for reoccurring lists would make the checklist features far more user friendly.

Thanks so much for a wonderful app!  it has really helped me become much more productive in my work and ministry.  Blessings today.

4 replies to this idea

Hi,

Evernote is not a dedicated todo app so I would not expect to much from it.

However there are workarounds.

I use ifttt for automatically append checkbox to notes and a saved search to display unchecked notes (I made a shortcut with it and I also display it with a widget on my tablet). It does the job for me even if it's not technically Evernote 's reminders.

• Level 5*

I remember a while ago hearing Phil Libin the CEO saying that he didn't want Evernote to ever programatically adjust user data, I think this would make your request for automatic erasing etc a little unlikely.

But you never know....

• Level 5*

I'm hoping this note reaches those who work in developing Evernote's capabilities.  I wasn't sure who to send this suggestion to.  I would like to offer 2 thoughts on improving Evernote from an every day user.

1. Add the ability to set repeating events to the reminder capability in Evernote.  Unless I have not discovered how to do it, I cannot make a reminder repeat annually, weekly, etc.  This would allow users to be reminded of notes that they may need to reference once a year, etc. without having to be reminded outside of Evernote to do so.  I think this would be an easy fix.

2. Also, I am currently using Evernote to keep my To-Do Lists in order to be more productive.  However, this is an area that Evernote could greatly improve upon.  Many of the other To Do apps out there far surpass Evernote's capability.  While I do not expect Evernote, at this point, to compete with those apps solely focused on To Do Lists, I think that adding the ability for checked boxes to be erased once completed and have them automatically reset on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, even if checked the previous cycle for reoccurring lists would make the checklist features far more user friendly.

Thanks so much for a wonderful app!  it has really helped me become much more productive in my work and ministry.  Blessings today.

Workaround I use for recurring reminders in EN is to reset the date when I complete it as opposed to clicking the checkbox.  Not perfect for sure, but since I like to have all "my stuff" in one place it works for me.  If I want belts and suspenders I add a recurring reminder to Follow Up Then with the note link in it.  FWIW.

Archived