Mac. Where are the notes in the finder ?

xtapo

Idea

Hi,

I need to link some of the Evernote notes to another application : how can I do this ? When I do a research with Spotlight, it doesn't show the notes on the finder and, apparently, there is no way to do it from Evernote.

Thanks for your help !

5 replies to this idea

It isn't necessarily a good idea to mess around with the notes in the database via Finder. This will likely cause problems, and likely dataloss, since changes made to files in Finder may not get synced to the server, or may conflict. 

Perhaps there is a safer way to do such a thing, such as by using note links? Tell us a bit more about what you are hoping to accomplish and perhaps someone will have some suggestions. 

Nevertheless, the database could be in one of two locations depending on whether you installed from the Mac App store or downloaded directly from Evernote.com.

If you installed directly from Evernote.com it should be located

~/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/<Random digits>/

Or

~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com/<Random digits>/

I'll have to find a source for the location of the MAS version. It's out there, just can't remember off the top of my head. 

These locally stored databases aren't terribly legible to humans, so you'll have to do some sifting. 

Thank you for your quick answer !

I didn't find "Random digits" on the Library...

I have a Mindmap application and I want to link some items with files that are in Evernote.

Of course, I can export each file on the finder, but it is a long process, so I would like to make this link as easy as possible...

Archived