Sharing Notebooks with Students

Robejazz

Hi All,

Last Year I made a public shared notebook that my students could access from any computer, with or without joining evernote. I had them join, so it worked well. My problem now is that in order to share a notebook now, I need to invite individual people and can't find a way to just make a public link that I send to my kids. Did something change? Do I really need to enter all 160 of my students emails??

Can anyone help; Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bob

• Level 5*

Hi All,

Last Year I made a public shared notebook that my students could access from any computer, with or without joining evernote. I had them join, so it worked well. My problem now is that in order to share a notebook now, I need to invite individual people and can't find a way to just make a public link that I send to my kids. Did something change? Do I really need to enter all 160 of my students emails??

Can anyone help; Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi. Evernote dropped support for public notebooks last week. This week it is back. They have not said if they intend to keep it, so I would be careful about using public notebooks in your classes. You might want to have a backup solution ready. In my case, to deal with the sharing problems I had last semester, I used my website to host files for download.

If Evernote does drop support for public notebooks, you'll have to invite students individually, but remember there is a 100 member limit, so I am not sure what you'll do with the other sixty.

Archived