Search on Windows not the same as Web

Hi:

I am so impressed with EN search features but sometimes when I search on Windows PC it doesn't find my request. I leave plenty of time for it to be indexed. I sometimes test EN on the Web and it finds it there but not on my PC.

The problem tends to be on .jpg image files.

I realize that I could reload my Database files but this takes time and lots of broadband as the file is now over a 1GB in size.

Is there another solution

Thanks

Andrew

• Level 5*

We're having this argument in another thread too - search performance does vary from one client to another,  so yes - it is possible that there are differences.  The work-around is to do your searches on the client that most suits your needs,  then tag your search results so you can look up the same results in any client.  OCR on a jpg file can also be a little hit and miss - it depends on the quality of the picture and the size of the text.  Can you give any examples of searches that work on one device but not on another?

Hi Gazumped:

I tried to upload one of the images, but failed. Anyway, the images have writing on them which is clear enough. I can search on EN Web and EN on my windows phone and it works fine. It fails however on EN Windows PC.

Andrew

Archived