Automatically Clipping Webpages

Sun Face

I use Evernote extensively at work (Windows Client) to clip web pages or pdf's on webpages to I have easy access to them and can search through them. They are updated quite frequently and I'd like to know if there is a way when those pages can be clipped automatically when they are updated. I thought maybe IFTTT would work but I can't seem to find a recipe or create on that will work. Does anyone know if Evernote can do this or if there is any 3rd party tool that could do this?

To further complicate things I'd like to delete the previously clipped webpage or pdf that was just replaced with the new one...

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Evernote only captures the state of a web page when you clip; it has no facilities for tracking changes to a web site, nor does it have the ability to clip specific information or replace note content automatically (except via its normal sync operations).

You'd be in 3rd-party land for this type of functionality, but I don't know of any, myself. A web search on "track web site changes" turns up a bunch of links, but I have no idea whether any of them would help your case.

• Level 5*

I used to use an app that would notify me when a website changed,  and I'm sure there probably are still similar ones out there (can't even remember what mine was called!) but you'd have to do your own due diligence to find out which ones are reliable;  plus you'd be getting an email / sms / advice which might not be suitable for IFTTT or similar use.

Archived