gavinch

android Buggy (Offline) saved searches on Android

I'v implemented GTD in my workflow. So I use lots of saved searches which searches for tags like Now, Next, Soon etc.

Problem is when I'm offline (sometimes even online like now) and when I click on these saved searches, it doesn't filter out the notes having the tags which I want.

Suppose I click on saved search "Now" it is supposed to filter out only the notes tagged with "Now". However many times usually when offline it lists out all the notes of that notebook, which is a mess and not what I want out of that saved search.

Any solutions anyone?

Anyone faced this issue or am I the only one facing this?

Thanks

Is this a problem with the saved search,  or with the search process? - By which I mean if you type the search in by hand,  does it work correctly while the saved search does not?  Or do you still get the unwanted results?  Can you share with us the full text of your search?

I  think its more to do with offline search. When searching while online, all the notes of that notebook appear for a few seconds before the required tagged notes get filtered.

However I face this sometimes when online as well. The search returns all the notes of that notebook and appears to be still trying to search

notebook:AP tag:1-Now

or

notebook:AP tag:2-Next

or

notebook:AP -tag:*

for untagged inbox items

It does sometimes take a little while for people to join a thread - this is a user forum after all;  we're just like you - jobbing users trying to get stuff done and (occasionally) sharing expertise where we can.  It can't hurt to raise a support ticket though...