EN is changing cells format for an attached Excel file

Alexs7

That happened to me several times. Once I edit an attached excel file in EN and save it then reopen it, I found all cells without formulas has their format changed to "Date" format ! that is really ruining my work ! I even have premium account !

Anyone experiencing this ? how to stop that ?

I attached simple table in the excel file . see how all numbers changed to date. the lower cells are 1, 2, 3 but changed to 1-Jan-00, 2-Jan-00, 3-Jan-00 !

post-218132-0-96844600-1408857475_thumb.

• Level 5*

Having a Premium account doesn't change the way your data is stored,  and clearly this shouldn't be happening to any users.  However defaulting the cell formula to any value isn't within Evernote's power (AFAIK) - if you attach a file to a note,  the entire file is attached as is,  not with individual changes to formats or values.  Could it be that your spreadsheet defaults are set to date order which is somehow affecting the load or save process?  Try editing a correct copy of the spreadsheet and resaving it outside of Evernote - do you have the same error?  If you save a copy of the file to your hard drive and then move that to Evernote,  do you still have the error?

gazumped, I thought about it.

I have tried to make a new file and copy-past from the old file but the problem still there. I don't  think it has something to do with MS-Excel settings, I didn't find there any option for default cell format. so the change in format is probably happen from EN. I'm using MS office 2010

I'm interested to know if someone has faced this problem to know if it is from EN or not

• Level 5*

I've used Excel and Evernote together quite a lot but have never noticed any format problems.  You may have found a reasonably unique bug for your use case that will need more testing before you can nail down the exact cause.

Archived