attachments not working

I would like to make an image file on my computer into a note. The guides say I need to pull up the note editor toolbar, where the attachments icon is supposed to be, by hitting Alt F8. Support says that F8 is currently not working, which agrees with what I find. Is there some other way to do it, or is there some word on when F8 will be fixed? Thanks so much. Evernote promises to be a great app for me and my business. :)

you well get more posts after a day. This is an anti-spam measure to prevent a single spam account from flooding the entire community. This limit is lifted after a few days of normal posting from you. 

As long as your windows client is up to date, you should be fine. 

It is not clear to me why you are getting the prohibited icon. 

1) What happens if you drag the image onto a notebook instead of a note body?

2) Do you see the paper clip icon when you open up a new note and click on the body so the edit toolbar appears? Can you attach your image by clicking this paper clip icon? See the following Knowledge Base article:

https://evernote.com/evernote/guide/windows/#3

perhaps a windows user on the board here can post a screenshot of the correct paperclip icon.

I didn't suggest right-clicking the note body. Please visit the knowledge base article I linked to.

When you click (that is, standard left-click) into the note body, above the note body appears the edit toolbar that allows you to do things like format text. It should also contain a paperclip icon which, when clicked, allows you to attach files. An image of this paperclip icon can be seen in the knowledge base article linked to earlier. It should appear at the top of the note window after clicking inside the note body. 

What happens when you click this paperclip icon?

This is my last post under restriction.

When I left click on the body of the note, and this is something I had been missing before this, the created date goes away and in its place three icons appear: font, font size, and font color. No others--no paper clip.

This has me stumped... You should see more than that in the edit bar, I don't know why you see what you do... Perhaps a windows user can help you troubleshoot. In the meantime post your evernkte version number. In windows this may be in preferences menu or under "help", or somewhere else, you'll have to look around (sorry, not a windows use so I don't know how Evernote has laid out their menus).

• Level 5*

glenellynboy,

It sounds like perhaps your note pane has been reduced in width such that only the leftmost few icons are showing.  Is there a triple-down-arrow showing to the right of the font-color icon, and if so, when you click it, do you see other icons including the paperclip?

If this is the issue, you can drag the splitter bar on the left of the note pane to the left, to make it wider and expose more of the icons.

• 7 months later...

Resource Attribute Issue:

------------------------------

I am trying to create a note and attach a file. Resource attribute "attachment" setting it to true does not show the resource as an attachment. Am I missing something here?

// Resource Attributes for Note resources
            ResourceAttributes resAttr = new ResourceAttributes();
            resAttr.FileName = UPLOAD_FILENAME;
            resAttr.Attachment = true;
            res.Attributes = resAttr;

Cheers
Rat
  • Level 5*

Hi Rathna,

Your post is in the wrong forum; this one is an end-user forum for the Evernote Business product.  Please post coding questions in the Developer Forum.  Thanks!

Archived