Ever note Premium new user had a question about searching

So i just got Evernote Premium. I also created a few notes and attached a pdf in there. Now from what i understand i should be able to search in either the windows app or android app and it searches through all notes and pdf files in the notes. When i search on either windows app or android it brings up the pdf where the word is in. However on the windows app i have to open the pdf and scroll through every page until i find one that has the word highlighted. I thought when you search it searches in the pdf and only brings up the pages in that pdf where the word is on, not that i have to open the pdf and scroll through all the pages and look for a highlighted word. Also on the android app it doesnt even highlight the word in the pdf, it finds the pdf in the searches but when i open it theres nothing highlighted.

• Level 5*

Searchable PDF files have their own inbult search function,  so you should be able to jump straight to the search term from within the document;  highlighting and opening a document to the required page have been raised here many times before,  and the search results have improved tremendously.  However different devices also have their own individual quirks when searching - as you've found.  An Android device - forinstance - cannot open a PDF file from within a note as the result of a search.

AHH i see, i have a ipad at home and downloaded evernote to it. Works just like i want it to. When i search it goes through the pdf and tells me the exact pages the word is on. Also it lets you search in a note if your in one. On my android tablet or phone, neither of those things work. That's really disappointing. Also on the windows application when i search on top, it also doesnt bring up the exact pdf pages the keyword is found like the ipad does, which is very strange.

AHH i see, i have a ipad at home and downloaded evernote to it. Works just like i want it to. When i search it goes through the pdf and tells me the exact pages the word is on. Also it lets you search in a note if your in one. On my android tablet or phone, neither of those things work. That's really disappointing. Also on the windows application when i search on top, it also doesnt bring up the exact pdf pages the keyword is found like the ipad does, which is very strange.

Archived