Trouble Getting Evernote to "come online"

raindance15

Idea

Now, after ten months of trouble free operation, when I select the Evernote icon in my task bar I get the following message:

"An internal database error has occurred that prevents Evernote from functioning properly. If the problem persists, please contact Evernote Support."

EN support says I have some "infections" on my hard drive and they want $226 to make it well. My Mac-expert friend doubts their diagnosis.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, OS 10.9.4

Anybody out there know of a quick fix, please?

Thanks,

RD

6 replies to this idea

Now, after ten months of trouble free operation, when I select the Evernote icon in my task bar I get the following message:

"An internal database error has occurred that prevents Evernote from functioning properly. If the problem persists, please contact Evernote Support."

EN support says I have some "infections" on my hard drive and they want $226 to make it well. My Mac-expert friend doubts their diagnosis.

Thanks,

RD

FWIW, I've NEVER heard of Evernote support requiring money (other than a premium account - $5 USD/month or $45 USD/year) to fix something.  Sounds like you've tangled with a scammer...IMO.  How did you contact this company that is wanting to charge you $226 to fix it?  I honestly don't think that's Evernote.  Did you contact them via a an Evernote support ticket (see my signature)? 

I agree with BnF that sounds fishy.  

Do you back up your Mac with Time Machine?

Also:

Are you able to access the Web version of evernote and are your notes fine there? 

If so here is a link : Resolving "Internal Database Error" in Evernote for Mac

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23172211

The link above might be kind of old, I found my evernote database located at "~/Library/Application Support/Evernote/" whereas the link states "~/Library/", also I think the App Store version stores the DB in the actual evernote.app but I don't have that version to check.

• Level 5*

Evernote is charging you for their corrupt database? I should hope not, though I would like to see how that bill gets broken down, because I wonder how the amount gets generated. I wonder what a lost note would cost. LOL. I am guessing you somehow got in touch with a scammer, because I've never heard of a legit company fleecing its customers like this.

I'd follow the link posted by Jim :)

• Ex Employees

Thanks,

RD

Sorry to hear that you are having issues in your Evernote account. 

Other than your subscription level, Evernote Support would NEVER ask for money to be provided support. We suggest immediately cutting off communication.

If you could please PM me further information such as sender info/email and the email content for further investigation. 

Archived