Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All of a sudden I have lost all the spacing in some of my notes.  Although I primarily use the laptop app it is possible that these notes where edited on my android phone.

 

Is there a known bug for this and when will it be corrected.

 

It is very annoying.

 

Thanks

 

Kaslo

Share this post


Link to post

Check on Evernote.com via a desktop browser to see whether the server copy of your notes have been altered.  If not,  the problem is with the app on your mobile device - I'd suggest you remove and reinstall it.

 

If the server copies have been affected,  I don't see how.  If you try to edit a note in Android that is formatted in a way that the OS can't understand (using the desktop software forinstance),  then you should be unable to access the note.  Even if editing was somehow possible I don't see it removing spaces throughout a note - the edited area might be affected,  but not the whole note.  I'm not aware of 'lost spaces' in any other reported issues.  If it isn't a regular occurrence you might want to keep an eye out for this,  or run some experiments to see if you can work out how the notes were altered.

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen this in the past with some of my notes, but I don't know which client was doing it, or when it happened. I haven't seen the problem myself for quite some time, so I thought it might have been fixed, but Perhaps this is a recurrence.

Perhaps it is limited to Android.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41868-android-client-removing-spaces-from-notes/

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen this in the past with some of my notes, but I don't know which client was doing it, or when it happened. I haven't seen the problem myself for quite some time, so I thought it might have been fixed, but Perhaps this is a recurrence.

Perhaps it is limited to Android.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41868-android-client-removing-spaces-from-notes/

 

In the past, text notes that had been formatted using spaces, were stripped of all but 1 space in each sequence, when edited on an Android phone.

 

I have not noticed it lately, so I decided to test it.  Seems to have been fixed.

 

Gary

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks all for the answers.  I will see if it happens again when I use the android app.  I did find  in my fesearchthat this has been a problem for a while.  Thanks again for the help.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...