Evernote Touch screen layout

Boongert

I started to use Evernote on a Windows XP and Android several months ago.  Download from the web and easy installation.  Tree-structure for Notes, Notebooks and Tags on the left side.  Easy to work.

For work I got recently a new laptop with Evernote Touch for Windows 8.1 (64 bit) installed.

I am very annoyed about the layout.  Notebook partially on the screen, and for Tags, always have to swipe the screen to reach this area.

Have been looking in the forum on how to change the screen settings.  Found a lot of complaints on this layout, but no solution in these discussions (I looked for term layout / arrangement / settings).

Evernote Touch (as other Touch software) even don't have a settings menu; I guess this is a Windows 8 Touch problem, not an Evernote Touch problem.

Is it possible to change the layout:

- smaller icons such that the whole 1.5 screen wide menu can be shown on 1 screen?

- move the "Get More" to the right side?

If not possible in Evernote Touch, how is the Evernote for Windows 8 (not the Touch version)?  Does it still have the Tree-structure, or is this more configurable?

Thank you 

• Level 5*

Evernote for Windows 8 desktop is exactly the same as all the other windows clients.  The Touch version is limited by the environment (touch screen and phones),  the OS,  and being Evernote Touch "1.1" - there's probably further development in there,  but no knowing with what priority.  I recommend installing Evernote Desktop and taking that route.

• 2 weeks later...

As you said, the settings menu is a Win 8 issue. All Win 8 apps are supposed to use the generic Windows "Charms menu." You get this by pressing the Win key and the C key at the same time. Then you will see a Settings option. [Note that this is also how you print (using the Devices option)].

The screen layout is also designed to meet Windows 8 requirements. Items must be larger so that you can manipulate them with a finger instead of a mouse pointer.

• 3 weeks later...

Part of the problem with Win. 8.1 Touch version is the EDITING process when using it.  It stinks!  Not reliable at all.

Agree with USER above- when is the "tree-mode" coming back? 

And I can't use Win version on this 8.1 Touch laptop-    the screen resolution is so small on the version!  

I'm relegated to using the WEB version for editing/consuming while on this 8.1 Lenovo laptop. :(

• Level 5*

Part of the problem with Win. 8.1 Touch version is the EDITING process when using it.  It stinks!  Not reliable at all.

Agree with USER above- when is the "tree-mode" coming back? 

And I can't use Win version on this 8.1 Touch laptop-    the screen resolution is so small on the version!  

I'm relegated to using the WEB version for editing/consuming while on this 8.1 Lenovo laptop. :(

Have you tried the Desktop version?

I have loaded the Desktop version to this Lenovo Win. 8.1 Touch laptop.  The resolution is SOOOOO small.  Obviously there is a problem.  Can't bear the tiny font.

I have a new Dell Win. 7 machine (4 weeks old) and the DESKTOP version is EVERYTHING I need it to be!

So I suffer with the Win. 8.1 & Evernote experience using the WEB version.

Archived