Evernote Snippet View & Tags

RenoGeo

In the Evernote Windows desktop version, I use the Snippet view to view my notes. Just like the way it looks. But I recently have tried to use tags more often in Evernote, but in the Snippet view, I see the little tag icon, but there is nothing I can do to either add a tag or view the tags for the note while in this view. I do see the tags when I go to List view, but I don't particularly like that view. Anyone out there why I can't add/view tags in the snippet view and is there a way to change so that I can?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I see tags in the snippet view. They're in light blue, after the date in the line below the title. This is in version 5.6.2.4351, the latest beta. I'm not sure what you're saying about the tag icon; there are several in the UI, but none in the snippet view. I see one in the search control, and one in the note header itself.

Are you thinking about the card view, rather than the snippet view?

No, it's definitely the Snippet View. I select it from the menu View -> Snippet View or CTRL + F6 (I normally just use the little View icon - at least that's what I call it - that allows me to select List, Snippet, or Card view.

Anyway, the Tags icon I am referring to is right next to the Notebook name. What I just found out that is interesting is that based on the Notebook I select, either it says "Click to add tag..." or it's blank and doesn't let me do anything. I don't know what the difference may be based on the Notebook. Something I need to look into.

• Level 5*

@RenoGeo: Still not clear that that's the case, since there is no tag icon (which he refers to in post #1) in the snippet itself. I think he may be referring to the note list header, based on his second post, but I'm not sure, so I'll wait for more input from him rather than guessing any more.

If I understand correctly, it is that if there is not enough space in the toolbar, to show the text "Click to add Tags" then you see a blank space.

http://www.evernote.com/l/ABrTjlSf9VJI6LlLqwcV4jP4eAKhuaL8PgA/

I'd suggest either:

- Resize the note view to allow for a larger toolbar

or

- Uncheck show labels for the toolbar items in the note toolbar (Right click on the note toolbar and uncheck show labels.

Archived