Local Notebooks on iPad?

Hi!

I am a kindergarten teacher who is exploring different ways that I can use Evernote to organize my notes and observations of my students.  I know that on my PC I can create local notebooks that will not sync with other devices so my students cannot see them, but I cannot figure out how to do this on my iPad.  Is it possible?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi!

I am a kindergarten teacher who is exploring different ways that I can use Evernote to organize my notes and observations of my students.  I know that on my PC I can create local notebooks that will not sync with other devices so my students cannot see them, but I cannot figure out how to do this on my iPad.  Is it possible?

Thanks!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am afraid it is not possible.

Edits and emphases by me

[ How can I make notes]  . . so my students cannot see them . . . .?

Okay let's say  . . . this . . . is what you are asking?  

Reading between the lines, lets further say you have shared a Notebook with your class and Parents with projects the class is working on and maybe a calendar http://bit.ly/19ssncy 

* * * Caveat -- I am not a teacher  * * * *

I would set up 3 separate Notebooks for the class

1)  one notebook you use like a blog that would post the wonderful things the class is doing together -  You share this with the whole class

2)  another notebook you might  set up wtih each child, then you share individually each child note with the parents -- Share each note separately

3)  Create a 3rd notebook for teachers notes, for each child -- this you do NOT share with the class or do NOT share with the parents (other than maybe in person conference . . .I don't know about the delicacies of what you should and shouldn't do there)  -- for me I would need to visually differenciate between the note to the parents and the teacher-notes on the student you do not want to post to the parents -- I think I would do it with color image banner across the top of the note - Use red for private teacher notes and green for shared with parent's notes. you want to make it extremely obvious what note you are writing in and editing. I could see how this could get confused.

Edit -- here is a  link on how to share

(obviously you want to test this on yourself or another teacher first so you know you are doing it right)

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24973036

Right

Just keep in mind the maximum number of notebooks (including stacks) is 250.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23283158

I didn't type that right, the 1st Notebook is for ALL your students - you share the whole notebook

The second notebook you only share individual singular notes with each parent -- NOT the whole notebook, or you could have a notebook for each student you just have a limit -- would work for a primary teacher not a secondary teacher that might have hundreds of students

Archived