Can't search notes

ursula

Idea

Since I can't post this in the proper forum, I'll put it here.

I've already opened a support ticket, but would be interested in knowing whether I am the only one who cannot search my notes. I am not talking about Spotlight Search; I am not able to use the search bar within the Mac app. 

When I click in the search box, I am able to type, but when I hit enter it does nothing. This started today; yesterday it was fine. I have re-started several times. I upgraded to Beta 4 about a week ago with no problem until today. My files are synced; no data lost. I just can't search my notes. 

I am using the Mac version 5.6.0 Beta 4. I have not been able to update to Beta 5 due to some sort of glitch in opening the downloaded file. 

I know this is in the wrong forum, but I haven't been able to post in the correct forum because I can't select a Category: no drop-down list appears. If someone wants to move this post, go ahead.

This is not my Evernote day, apparently. 

3 replies to this idea

Ursala, I wouldn't worry too much about things being in the wrong part of the forum for now. It's clear there is still the mystery about why your screen and Rgrenader's aren't showing the Options menu. You named the client in you post so hopefully it will speed up getting help with both issues.

Best wishes.

EDIT: Sorry I couldn't help, but I wouldn't know a Mac machine if it bit me!

• Ex Employees

Since I can't post this in the proper forum, I'll put it here.

I've already opened a support ticket, but would be interested in knowing whether I am the only one who cannot search my notes. I am not talking about Spotlight Search; I am not able to use the search bar within the Mac app. 

When I click in the search box, I am able to type, but when I hit enter it does nothing. This started today; yesterday it was fine. I have re-started several times. I upgraded to Beta 4 about a week ago with no problem until today. My files are synced; no data lost. I just can't search my notes. 

I am using the Mac version 5.6.0 Beta 4. I have not been able to update to Beta 5 due to some sort of glitch in opening the downloaded file. 

I know this is in the wrong forum, but I haven't been able to post in the correct forum because I can't select a Category: no drop-down list appears. If someone wants to move this post, go ahead.

This is not my Evernote day, apparently. 

For Beta issues, please post directly into the Beta thread for user and developer review. This can always be found on the forum home page under  Important Topics: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/65071-evernote-for-mac-56-beta-5/

As for your Beta 5 downloading issue, you will find a new download link in the Beta discussion. Downloading directly from here will allow you to access the newer version. 

Feel free to send over your ticket # and I'll look into it :)

Archived