Tried to encrypt something

I scanned in a doc with my Doxie scanner.  It has something in it, confidential.  I tried to encrypt and it did not work.  I sent Evernote a note, to ask why I could not encrypt it.  They said it was because it was a jpeg, since it came from a scanner.  

How can I do this in the future, so I can encrypt as needed?

I scanned in a doc with my Doxie scanner.  It has something in it, confidential.  I tried to encrypt and it did not work.  I sent Evernote a note, to ask why I could not encrypt it.  They said it was because it was a jpeg, since it came from a scanner.  

How can I do this in the future, so I can encrypt as needed?

Evernote's built in encryption only encrypts text.  To encrypt other file types, please search the board on 'encrypt' or 'encryption'. 

It was text.  I scanned in a tax document, via Doxie Scanner, tried to encrypt the social and it wouldn't work.  

Scanning is not text.  Scanning creates an image (IE jpeg) or PDF.  Text is what you type in.

. . .

Evernote's built in encryption only encrypts text.  To encrypt other file types, please search the board on 'encrypt' or 'encryption'. 

Right so what BurgersNFries is telling you is that this exact question has been discussed at length in the forum here which touches on CRYTICAL things you need to be thinking about which you yourself don't know to ask yet and your key words your looking for is 'encrypt' or 'encryption'.

Should your financial papers be stored in the cloud on evernote servers or should you keep them local on a non-synched notebook just locally?

What about Backups?

What about file encryption of the Evernote documents?

Is there a way of encrypting PDF files and and JPG files? how does that effect Evernotes searching?  (it blocks evernote from searching those encrypted documents)

These are all questions you should be asking yourself and its not something that is easily regurgitated in a short little reply back to you

Personally I try NOT TO HAVE ANY financial papers synched to the cloud and its only stored locally. I can still search for is with Evernote but only on my desktop -- but its all much more complicated than that so PLEASE follow BurgersNFries's suggestion of searching out these other threads

looking for is 'encrypt' or 'encryption'.

• Level 5*

It was text.  I scanned in a tax document, via Doxie Scanner, tried to encrypt the social and it wouldn't work.  

You could redact the social using a PDF editor (since you already know the social).

Archived