New note behavior-title/content creation w/o mousing

jbb23

A number of versions ago I used to create a new note -> type the name -> tab to the body and start filling in the note.

Now, I create a new note and EN dumps me directly in the body of the note, I have a click back up to to title AND then I can't tab to the body. Tab takes me to the Notebook list -> Note list -> Tag list -back to the Title. 

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

A number of versions ago I used to create a new note -> type the name -> tab to the body and start filling in the note.

Now, I create a new note and EN dumps me directly in the body of the note, I have a click back up to to title AND then I can't tab to the body. Tab takes me to the Notebook list -> Note list -> Tag list -back to the Title. 

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

Just type what you want the title to be in the first line of the body. The title is then set as the first line in the note body.

• Level 5*

Does shift+tab still work on windows for tabbing backwards?

In the Windows client, Tab and Shift+Tab are editing keys; Tab will stick 4 spaces into the text if you're not in a bulleted or numbered list or in an indented section (in which case it will indent a level). Shift+Tab outdents list items or indented sections.

Tabbing in the Windows client hasn't been particularly good as far as I can recall back, somewhere around v3.5. It would be useful at least to have a hotkey that pops you into the title control for the currently active note, though.

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, Tab and Shift+Tab are editing keys; Tab will stick 4 spaces into the text if you're not in a bulleted or numbered list or in an indented section (in which case it will indent a level). Shift+Tab outdents list items or indented sections.

Tabbing in the Windows client hasn't been particularly good as far as I can recall back, somewhere around v3.5. It would be useful at least to have a hotkey that pops you into the title control for the currently active note, though.

Once again, F2, for me anyway..

Nope, but F2 will take you to the title from the body.

That does it! I'd still rather a new note started in the title but this is pretty good as far as work-arounds go, thanks!

Archived