Note Accidentally Deleted - Help!

KSP

Somehow my husband accidentally deleted some important notes that I need for work. Is there any way to get these back? I'm panicking and devastated. I really need that information. I have the free version, but would happily upgrade if it meant being able to retrieve this information again. 

I would appreciate any help! 

Thanks, 

Kelly 

• Ex Employees

Each Evernote client has a separate note container (called "Trash") for deleted notes. Anytime a note is deleted, it is first moved to the Trash and it can be easily restored from there.

If you think you may have accidentally deleted a note and would like to "undelete" the note, follow these steps:

• In your Evernote client, browse to the bottom of the Notebooks list and you'll see the Trash

• Locate the note you'd like to restore and click "Restore Note". Note that this will place the note back in the notebook in which it resided before being deleted.

If the note was synchronized before being deleted, it will appear in the Trash on all of your devices (assuming they are also in sync). If the note was deleted before being synced, it will only appear in the Trash on the device where it was created.

Understand that once a note is deleted, it is gone forever, as are all previous versions of the note, and there is no way to undo the deletion. So, be very careful what you delete!

• 11 months later...

Everyone I CANNOT find the trash icon. I CANNOT find it to save my life. I've deleted a note of research from the past 6 weeks.  And I'm SICK!! PLEASE HELP!! I CANNOT FIND THE TRASH ICON!!!! I've had a Mac for 15 years and fairly competent--So I thought! I CANNOT FIND IT!! HELPPPPPP!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

I deleted important notes accidentally adn the trash can is EMPTY.  Where did they go and how can I get them back???

As explained above (see below quote), if you have deleted a Note AND emptied the EN Trash, the Note is lost forever UNLESS you have made a personal backup of the Evernote database/folder on your PC/Mac.   The only exception is if the Note exists on another device which has not been sync'd.

Each Evernote client has a separate note container (called "Trash") for deleted notes. Anytime a note is deleted, it is first moved to the Trash and it can be easily restored from there.

If you think you may have accidentally deleted a note and would like to "undelete" the note, follow these steps:

• In your Evernote client, browse to the bottom of the Notebooks list and you'll see the Trash
  • Locate the note you'd like to restore and click "Restore Note". Note that this will place the note back in the notebook in which it resided before being deleted.

If the note was synchronized before being deleted, it will appear in the Trash on all of your devices (assuming they are also in sync). If the note was deleted before being synced, it will only appear in the Trash on the device where it was created.

Understand that once a note is deleted, it is gone forever, as are all previous versions of the note, and there is no way to undo the deletion. So, be very careful what you delete!

• Level 5*

I didn't empty the trash!  That is my point! The notes were never in there!

Then you should submit a bug report:

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*

If you have a backup get it from there.  If you are a premium user you can use the history feature to get a previous version.  If not, you can sign up for a month and then get it.

• 4 weeks later...
引用

> Understand that once a note is deleted, it is gone forever, as are all previous versions of the note, and there is no way to undo the deletion. So, be very careful what you delete!

@charboyd

What if I deleted my notes in trash accidentially, how can I restore it? Those notes are very important, and I can't lose them.

Sorry for deleting them twice in evernote....

Please help me. I am so needing your help! :(

• Level 5
5 hours ago, agoodhuman said:

@charboyd

What if I deleted my notes in trash accidentially, how can I restore it? Those notes are very important, and I can't lose them.

Possibly this, from the post just before yours, with my highlighting:

On 6/23/2016 at 4:21 PM, csihilling said:

If you have a backup get it from there.  If you are a premium user you can use the history feature to get a previous version.  If not, you can sign up for a month and then get it.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, agoodhuman said:

7 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Possibly this, from the post just before yours, with my highlighting:

Unfortunately, deleting the note also deletes the note history.

Personal backups are the only option.

• Level 5*
On 6/22/2016 at 11:23 PM, Sunil vedula said:

I have deleted content from the note accidentally . The note is there but data is vanished. How do I get it back 

25 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Unfortunately, deleting the note also deletes the note history.

Personal backups are the only option.

Not true.  The note wasn't deleted, it was the content in the note that was deleted according to the OP, so there should be a history version, provided the note was around for more than 8 hours or so.

EDIT:

True if you have actually deleted the note and emptied the trash.

My Evernote on windows 7 was deleted when my hard drive crashed.  Have installed windows 10 now, and one notebook is missing when I log into my Evernote account.  Is it possible to get it back?  It is not in the trash. I do have it on a stick, but wonder why it's not with the other notebooks. Also, will Evernote still recognize this laptop as one of my original devices?  Now it calls it a different device since hard drive was replaced, so do I select old device, or the new one listed?

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, gerry mcdonagh said:

My Evernote on windows 7 was deleted when my hard drive crashed.  Have installed windows 10 now, and one notebook is missing when I log into my Evernote account.  Is it possible to get it back?  It is not in the trash. I do have it on a stick, but wonder why it's not with the other notebooks. Also, will Evernote still recognize this laptop as one of my original devices?  Now it calls it a different device since hard drive was replaced, so do I select old device, or the new one listed?

Was it a local notebook?

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, gerry mcdonagh said:

The master copy for your notes is on the Evernote servers; except for local notebooks
So, if you install the app on a new device, or a new hard drive, your notes are downloaded.
You can sign on the web platform to verify this.

>>Also, will Evernote still recognize this laptop as one of my original devices?

Not sure why this is important.  You can go into your account settings and verify what devices have been registered, and remove any obsolete devices

Archived