Line separator reverts to default font!

dc4964

I've constantly been impressed and infuriated with Evernote... the facilities and syncing are superb... the formatting makes me lose the will to live... I recently wanted to highlight multiple sections of text using ctrl key... of course you can't!

My point here... i'm transcribing some computer code in a monofont and separating sections using the line separator reverts it to my Arial default. I tried ctrl-a and making whole page monofont, but whatever you do the line separator - and presumably a hidden tag on the end that causes the font to remain - is arial.

I can never ever get my head around how a great multi-platform program like this has such deficiencies.... I could easily go into rant mode here and suggest that instead of developing more and more add-on's the developers fix some of the existing formatting issues... PLEASE!!! There are LOTS!!! Some of the problems go back several years... I'm a Premium User and expect better than this.

• Level 5*

Seems a bit mean to criticise something that does 98 things well because the 2 features you wanted aren't yet available - maybe they're slow to arrive because on one or more of the platforms Evernote works on they'd be hard to implement until OS's catch up,  or maybe just getting the other 98 working well has taken a while.. or maybe,  despite the comments in the forums,  Evernote's customer feedback isn't pointing at those as a priority.  I'm sure they'll catch up - sooner or later...

Well, I did start by praising Evernote... I use it constantly, most days, but the editing deficiencies are a joke... I just find ways of working around them, like pasting into notepad before Evernote. Well I think the dev team should work on issues that were posted online 4/5 yrs ago... maybe  as you say they'll 'catch up sooner or later'  but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh btw, my first attempt at a workaround for my issue was to draw a separating line in monofont and copy and paste it several times..... it puts my default arial formatting underneath each one.... it seriously sucks at times!!

I've never read any research on this but intuitively I guess that most ppl use Evernote for keeping notes.... so why lots fancy add-on's when the basic formatting is still broken after 5 years? Sigh ;-(

Oh btw, this isn't a 'feature' I want, it's a problem and inconvenience I don't want! Being able to highlight multiple sections at once would be a nice non-essential feature. Basic editing at this level should just work. 

Archived