Document Scanner - PDFs?

Hello EN Community!

I used to use Android's Google Drive app to (painfully) scan and digitize the few paper documents I get. Evernote's document scanner is far superior. 

The one thing I'm missing from Google Drive app is the fact that the scanned images are saved as a convenient PDF.

Of course, it isn't too difficult to get around this - download all the images from the evernote note as attachments, and use some online service like http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

Anyone else think this feature would be useful?

• Level 5*

I didn't understand your request.  Evernote can scan to PDF.  There are multiple ways to save clips and output to PDF,  and notes can be 'printed' to PDF.  What exactly is it that you're trying to add to the existing range of features?

I didn't understand your request.  Evernote can scan to PDF.  There are multiple ways to save clips and output to PDF,  and notes can be 'printed' to PDF.  What exactly is it that you're trying to add to the existing range of features?

Really? How can you export to pdf? I tried "printing" to pdf as well, but there's no option to save as a pdf. 

Really? How can you export to pdf? I tried "printing" to pdf as well, but there's no option to save as a pdf. 

If you're using Windows you can print to pdf from Evernote by using a free tool like this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/files/

I do this every day, works great for me.

If you're using Windows you can print to pdf from Evernote by using a free tool like this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/files/

I do this every day, works great for me.

John Z you are so awesome -- I love your list of resources you point us too

I use CutePDF   -- it is also free.   You set it up as an additional printer on your computer (it's like an internal printer) and when you go to print ANYTHING  you can choose to print it to PDF by choosing the CutePDF printer from your list of printers on Windows. I'm sure its the same way John Z has it set up

http://www.cutepdf.com/

• Level 5*

I'm still not sure what feature you're asking for.  Your first post complained about downloading images from Evernote,  converting them to PDF and re-saving.  Scanners (not Evernote) will save directly to PDF.  Camscanner will take a mobile snapshot and convert it to PDF.  Any PDF editor will convert a JPG to PDF.

Then you asked about exporting to PDF - Evernote will print your notes,  and its possible to print directly to PDF if you have the correct printer drivers.

What exactly do you want built in to Evernote?

I'm still not sure what feature you're asking for.  Your first post complained about downloading images from Evernote,  converting them to PDF and re-saving.  Scanners (not Evernote) will save directly to PDF.  Camscanner will take a mobile snapshot and convert it to PDF.  Any PDF editor will convert a JPG to PDF.

Then you asked about exporting to PDF - Evernote will print your notes,  and its possible to print directly to PDF if you have the correct printer drivers.

What exactly do you want built in to Evernote?

I'm talking about the built in Document Scanner in the Evernote app. The images it takes are the form of multiple JPGs. 

Google Drive's scanner takes makes a PDF. 

• Level 5*

If I have a document with more than one page to process with Android I use CamScanner - a free app that will generate PDFs and save them direct to Evernote.  I'd imagine that the document scanner might output PDFs at some point,  but there are so many different device cameras and Android forks that it would be a complicated task to create something that works across the board.  The document camera still has occasional lapses - and since there are already free work-arounds available...

I have tried to find the answer to this, and may not know enough to ask the question correctly.

I scanned in a doc, to computer and sent to Evernote.  I wanted to encrypt just a social security number.  It would not let me, telling me it was a jpeg.

So, if I convert to a pdf first, before sending to Evernote, then can I encrypt a social security number in the middle of a page?

• Level 5*

I have tried to find the answer to this, and may not know enough to ask the question correctly.

I scanned in a doc, to computer and sent to Evernote.  I wanted to encrypt just a social security number.  It would not let me, telling me it was a jpeg.

So, if I convert to a pdf first, before sending to Evernote, then can I encrypt a social security number in the middle of a page?

I think this question has been answered in another thread - please don't cross-post.

Archived