Create time & update time

DutchPete

Windows version:

Normally above the note content in the right hand panel there is the Created date & the Updated date. I don't know what I did but it now also shows the time for both, which I don't want. How can I hide the times?

• Level 5*

Try the options under the View menu to see if you can find the one you seek.  F8,  Ctrl-F8 and F10 are possibles,  but AFAICS if you get the created & updated dates in any view,  you also get the time...

Try the options under the View menu to see if you can find the one you seek.  F8,  Ctrl-F8 and F10 are possibles,  but AFAICS if you get the created & updated dates in any view,  you also get the time...

Thanks for the suggestions; I tried them but nothing happened, in any case nothing changed. Your statement that you always get the time displayed with the dates is not true. Now the word "updated" is partly mixed up with the time from the created date & that has definitely not been the case till now.

I know I made a movement across my touch pad this morning & it happened.

• Level 5*

I have the edit toolbar showing,  so the dates don't normally display,  but my 'untrue' statement is accurate for my display at least...

post-63053-0-40881300-1407157226_thumb.j

Could you have zoomed the display?

• Level 5*

Is this the Touch version (aka "Metro" app) for Win 8 or the standard WIndows desktop client we're talking about here? For the standard desktop, I always see the full date+time for both created and updated dates being displayed for  all notes in the note header. Granted, I'm running a prerelease (5.6.1.4242) but to the best of my recollection, that's the way it's been for some time. I don't know of any way to change that.

Note: if you narrow the width of the note panel, the updated date will shorten (using "..." ellipsis) and then eventually disappear, but that's not a configurable thing.

Maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing would help? 

Is this the Touch version (aka "Metro" app) for Win 8 or the standard WIndows desktop client we're talking about here? For the standard desktop, I always see the full date+time for both created and updated dates being displayed for  all notes in the note header. Granted, I'm running a prerelease (5.6.1.4242) but to the best of my recollection, that's the way it's been for some time. I don't know of any way to change that.

Note: if you narrow the width of the note panel, the updated date will shorten (using "..." ellipsis) and then eventually disappear, but that's not a configurable thing.

Maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing would help? 

I am running the regular "non-Touch" version of Windows 8.1. As for Evernote I am running 5.5.2.4057 pre-release. One thing is for sure: I have never had the time displayed.

Could you tell me how to put a screenshot in a post? I have been struggling with this before but can't figure it out.

• Level 5*

Click on the "More Reply Options" button

Under "Attach Files", click on the "Choose File" button.

Browse to your screen shot (which you made using the Evernote Screen Capture facility, of course :)), and select it

Click on "Attach This File"

Submit the reply as normal (use the "Add Reply" button).

Like so:

post-49273-0-42895700-1407169826_thumb.p

All, thank you for your comments & suggestions. Although the time is still displayed next to the dates, the "created" time does not scramble the word "updated" anymore, which was what annoyed me. So the issue is resolved.

Jefito, thanks for your instructions about how to attach a file to a forum post. At least I learned something today :D

Archived