• Level 5*

Y'tend not to get rumours about impending releases,  and I haven't heard of any relevant add-ons.  See the App Store (below) for current offerings or Google may be your only option...

• 6 months later...

It would be great to have a dynamic tag-cloud where: upon selecting on certain tag(s) and seeing the list of all the notes that has that tag(s), the tag-cloud would then automatically changes in such a way that it displays all the other tags that are associated with all the resulting notes.  It's like the one in Leap (by ironicsoft)

I would use such tag-cloud for 3 functions:

1. to narrow down my search (by filtering out notes that do not have all of the tags that I select)

2. to bring out the existing but hidden associations between notes that one may not even realise otherwise. It's kind of like the new "context" function, only this is determined by the network of tags used by individual, or by a team or family (in case of the using of a shared notebook)

3. to create saved searches, something like the smart folders in OS X.

am I making any sense to anyone here?

• Level 5*

OK that's a qualified 'like' in as much as:

• A tag cloud would be a good visual guide to the relationships between and contents of notes - could help to structure future note taking and tagging*.
  • If Evernote is looking at the tag system,  a 'cloud' development would be good - alongside better syncing and management of tags.
  • That means a major rewrite - and we're going to get whatever Evernote thinks is the best interpretation of a solution
  • That means it's gonna take a while (unless they already started!)
  • So diary this for 12 months and see what happens...
  • And if necessary find a medium-term work-around that works for you.  Wishing isn't going to make it happen!

* Hint:  Businesses would find this very useful to help new joiners find their way around the local tagging system...

White Tiger, I'm just curious, what use would tag clouds have in your EN database? Honestly, I'm just curious is all. ☺

I don't understand your question.

With tag cloud I'm able to retrieve the notes using the most frequent tag.

It is an usual way to retrieve content.

@nc40 and @gazumped

your suggestions are interesting but not what I asked.

Tag Clouds simply shows the most frequent tag with different character dimension.

I don't know smart folders in OS X, but the suggestion sounds to me like a "Extend Search" with more logical operators as "And", "Or", "Not" in more context as Notes, Tags and notebooks.

This can be a very useful thing.

• Level 5

Tag Clouds simply shows the most frequent tag with different character dimension.

I don't know smart folders in OS X, but the suggestion sounds to me like a "Extend Search" with more logical operators as "And", "Or", "Not" in more context as Notes, Tags and notebooks.

This can be a very useful thing.

Yes, a tag cloud can be very useful, especially for people with lots of tags.

Several years ago, Robert Oschler developed two wonderful programs for analyzing Evernote tags and natural-language search terminology in Evernote. He started off with "Tag Hunter" and then rolled it into "BitQwik".

Robert was quickly able to analyze and manage his 4,000+ tags! The first screen capture in his first post here shows the output of a complex tag search in a Tag Cloud.

Tag Hunter was a super program. I could export my tags to an Excel spreadsheet and do all sorts of in-depth analysis. Here is small portion of my acronym tags.

BitQwik was even more amazing. It could run searches for simple items:
Things that I will need to get done next month
to the complex:
Notes that I keep in my robotics notebook that are tagged with marketing or psychology but not filmmaking and have the words rabbit hole in the title but do not have music attachments

Unfortunately, Evernote pulled the rug out from underneath him (changed some computer coding standard) and he had to walk away. 

Evernote said that they would develop a variation of Robert's natural-language search program:

But with questionable results

From what I can determine, Evernote employee Zeesha's last response was:
"Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions so far, appreciate all of them. 
We are working on fixes for some of the stability and inconsistency issues brought up here."

If you're wanting a tag cloud to see the frequency of tags... depending on what you mean by that, iOS and some other clients already allow us to sort tags either alphabetically or by number of tags. 

If I'm not mistaken, I haven't seen any mention about Mohiomap in this thread yet...

• Level 5

iOS and some other clients already allow us to sort tags either alphabetically or by number of tags. 

Sorting numerically would be great.

How is this accomplished with the non-iOS clients?

With tag cloud I'm able to retrieve the notes using the most frequent tag.

It is an usual way to retrieve content.

If you're wanting a tag cloud to see the frequency of tags... depending on what you mean by that, iOS and some other clients already allow us to sort tags either alphabetically or by number of tags. 

If I'm not mistaken, I haven't seen any mention about Mohiomap in this thread yet...

iOS and some other clients already allow us to sort tags either alphabetically or by number of tags. 

Sorting numerically would be great.

How is this accomplished with the non-iOS clients?

I have no idea, @jbenson2

Just pointing out that one is able to sort by "count" on at least iOS. You know... just chipping in. 

Have you taken a look at Mohiomap @jbenson2? If so, it would be nice to hear your take  ;)

mohiomap.PNG?dl=1

• 8 months later...

An integrated tag cloud would be a wonderful feature, particularly for those of us who use Evernote to organise research material.  I would greatly value it & I think it would add a lot of value to the overall product given the visual impact of this feature.

Archived