PDF Display in IOS compared to OneNote

Hi,

I use Evernote extensively in work I do with 3 local charities and generally I find it good. The biggest pain for me is the way Evernote does not display a pdf within a note on my iPad, you have to click on the note to launch the PDF.

I have found a way around this by inserting my document into a note in OneNote and choosing the option Insert Printout, I can then copy and paste the document into Evernote and when displayed in IOS it is open in the note and does not need the click on it to launch the PDF.

Am I missing something here, is this possible already in Evernote or am I correct in thinking this is not possible?

What are the chances of Evernote including a feature such as this? Is there some technical reason it cannot be done in Evernote?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

It can be done in Evernote,  but just not in iOS - other clients have the functionality you seem to want.  Meantime you can commonly export a JPG or JPGs of the pages from your PDF file - try saving JPG files instead of (or as well as) PDFs for instant access.

Yes I guess that is another way around the problem. I am a Mac user so I would open the PDF duplicate it and save as a jpg. That could then be dropped into Evernote. It just seems a shame that Evernote does not have the facility when OneNote does.

Thanks for the reply

Archived